Chapter 6

Christine was found after a week. A member called Juila found her - she was lying on the ground where she had dissapered, her face was white, her lips trembled, her eyes closed. Raoul carefully listened to the breath of Christine, and told Julia to call 911 because she was breathing faintly, and so Juila did it.

Few minutes later, Christine was moved to the nearby hospital, and Raoul went after her. The doctor said to him that Christine was shocked emotionally by something that he do not know - Raoul said that he will ask her by himself. He just sat there, beside sleeping Christine, looking with red eyes because he cried for a few days.

Soon, Kellen and Robert went in, and because of this noise, Christine finally woke up.

"Huh?" Christine said, "Where am I?"

"This is the hospital," said Raoul, "I found you lying on the ground, fainting. So I brought you here."

"How long have I had been missing?"

"For a week," Robert said. Then he turned to Raoul.

"Mr. Brick gave us the permission to stay and watch until Christine gets well."

"That is good news," said Raoul. "Do you mind if we stay and take care of you?" he asked, turning to his girlfriend.

"I don't know," said Christine, "but stay here right now. I was very shocked being kidnapped-"

"Tell me," Raoul rapdily said, grabbing Christine's cold and pale hand, "Tell me everything!"

"Alright, alright," said Christine, frowning. "I'll tell you!"

And this is what she said.

"First," she began, "I'm going to swear by my love for you, Raoul, by my friendship of you guys, Kellen and Robert, and by God and my mother in heaven, I swear that IT IS ALL TRUE. You may be bit confused about this story I'm about to tell you, but I am saying every scene that I have seen, heard, and felt in my whole body."

"I was carried by the wind when I was with you Kellen. I couldn't open my eyes by the strong, cold wind that blew right into my face. Then I was carried by someone - I saw it when I opened my eyes."

"I saw a dark passage - no building and no Kellen. Then the shape before me was holding a lamp - the light was faintly showing the narrow passage with black walls. The shape was wearing a black cloak, with a hat on it's head. It showed it's hand - and grabbed my wrist. It was cold as ice. Surely it was a hand, but when it grabbed me, I think that a skeleton was grabbing me. A chill came over me."

"I was totally afraid of this situation, then, the voice - the sweet voice melted my fear. 'Do not be afraid. I am your Genius of Instrument.' It was the voice! It came from the creature - I followed it. I went down, down, to the bottom of the passage. There was a large - quite not that large room - with an old piano and two chairs. Nearby there was a few doors. Then I saw one of the chairs... There was a piccolo! MY PICCOLO! Then the Genius of Instrument held out my piccolo, and handed it to me, saying, 'Play this, so I could hear this sweet little sound.'"

"I started to blow it - I just made up the music. But, surprisingly, he started to play with me... With his old piano... Singing with this music... That I made... He already knew the chords I am using, a melody and all the rest... He was truly Genius..."

"But there was something I did not wanted to feel. A darkness was creeping from inside my mind. My melody turned to his, and my chords turned to his style and harmony. I didn't liked his own music. He was creeping inside me, to teach me the true music - the music that he was playing. I refused this feeling, and then, the shape stopped and looked at me. Oh, but how terrible!"

Then Christine raised her hands to her face. Her face was quite paler than before - Raoul seized Christine's hand and begged her to continue.

"I saw it's face," continued Christine, "A bandaged face like a mummy, with black eyed sockets... There was blood soaked on the badages, then I saw it's eyes - with anger and hate. He threw me to the corner of the room and started to curse me - then he started to relax, looking at my piccolo lying on the floor. He got my piccolo, and he handed it to me."

"Why do you change 'it' and 'he', Christine?" Kellen asked.

"Because I don't know he is a man or a monster. Anyways," continued Christine, "He relaxed himself, and quietly bring me some foods because I asked him to do so. Then I always lived like that - for I don't know how many days."

Then she stopped. She looked at her dear friends. Their face was all pale, but also their expression said "I am not believing you".

"But it's all true!" Christine cried out, soon filling with tears, "Why do you not believe me?"

"We believe you," said the others. "Really and truely."

"Now," Christine said, choking her tears, "if you please, go back to Mr. Brick and say that I am fine, and I will arrive soon."

"Okay, we will." Others said, and they walked out of the room, while Raoul, who was looking at Christine trying to sleep, sighed and thought, 'I will keep you safe from your horrible nightmare.'