for dinner and crushes

Start from the beginning

"Shit. I made you cry..", He whispered.

I shook my head and blinked, trying to get the tears out of my eyes.

"I'm really sorry for forcing you to say all that. I was just angry that my brother hasn't bothered to visit us."

I looked up at him.

"You don't think he hates you or your parents, right? Please tell me you don't.", Jake hesitated but shook his head, smiling softly.

"I don't. Deep down, I love him and I just want him to visit us. I want us to hang out again."

What am i doing crying like this in front of my crush and his mom? I've gotten a lot more confident these days.

"Do you want to go home?", Jake asks me.

Maybe that's a good idea. I nodded and he smiled.

"Okay. I'll just drop him off at his house, mom."

She nodded, sighing.

"I'm sorry that we ruined your appetite."

"No, you didn't. I just don't want to worry my family coming home too late."

"You guys are the nicest family I've ever met so don't be sorry."

"It's a relief to know that. I hope you can join us for dinner again sometime soon. You can meet his father too."

I chuckled nervously and shook my head.

"No thanks. I've met him before and he's scary.", Jake laughed heartily. His mom too.

"He can be quite scary. But I'm sure that's because you're a student in his school. But you're also Jake's friend so I'm sure he'll be a lot nicer.", She explained with a smile.

"I'll think about it."

She nodded and shooed us away. Jake shook his head and escorted me out. We sat in his car as he started the engine and it roared to life, making me jump slightly. It's so loud.

"I'm sorry about how dinner turned out. I shouldn't have said something like that in front of you."

"It's fine, Jake. I enjoyed today.", Jake suddenly smirked, making me look at him with furrowed brows.

"You make it sound like we were on a date and I bought my boyfriend to meet my parents.", He said with a chuckle.

I gaped at him in shock. Is he joking with me or is that really what this whole day was? He laughed, reaching out to ruffle my hair.

"I'm joking, Hoon. Unless you want to, I won't call today a date."

"Just know that my mom didn't lie when she told you that I like you. A lot. You don't need to say anything. Just keep it in mind."

I nodded, too flustered by everything he just said to face him. He started to drive out of the driveway and onto the road. This time I was too bothered to close my eyes and sleep through the long ride back.

"We're here. See you at school on Monday?", Jake asked me with hopeful eyes.

I smiled, nodding.

"Oh right! You have my number, right?", I nodded as he nodded, a small smile on his lips.

"I'll call you when I get back. We have to discuss when we're both free for the lessons."

"Alright, I'm going now."

He frowned slightly and nodded.

"I'm going to miss you.", He said, pouting.

I laughed softly at the adorable aussie boy in front of me. Just a few hours ago, I didn't know he knew I existed and now he's telling me he's going to miss me. Why do I love this dork?