Chapter Sixty Six

Start from the beginning

"Come out!" he yells, and a laugh could be heard one that I can tell would have terrified anyone.

"I don't have to, because you're not the one in control" Adrian's low, powerful voice echoes around us.

"Face me like a man" Demetri yells firing bullets around, before a two shots come out of the darkness in front of us one to his wrist making him grab his hand and the second to his right knee causing him to collapse.

Then from the darkness I hear foot steps that in themselves sound like they belong to someone powerful until I see him walk out a semi automatic gun in his right hand, and dressed in all black, and a stoic expression across Adrian's devilishly handsome features.

He looks dangerous in a very darkly attractive way.

My breathing slows as I see him approach Demetri, and it's only then I see the rope he has in his hand dragging a ceiling mounted pulley.

"Demetri Flanne, what a pleasant surprise" Adrian says wrapping the rope around Demetri's leg, before Adrian walks over to one of the ground mounted hooks and pulls the rope tight before easily raising Demetri off the ground from his ankle, and tying it to the metal loop.

"What the fuck Adrian" Demetri yells as Adrian looks at Demetri's gun lying at his feet before picking it up, and removing the magazine.

"Shut up Demetri" Adrian says glaring at him before walking over to me and untying the rope.

"Police are outside, you can go to them if you'd like, I have unfinished work here" Adrian says coldly as he sets down the gun he held.

"I can't walk, I'm to light headed" I say, and Adrian looks at Demetri before he walks over to the loop, and letting Demetri fall to the ground, into a heap.

"Don't move, or I'll pull you back into the air" Adrian warns, he then returns to Demetri's side, and wraps it around his wrists before looping it and hooking the rope around a hook, and lifting him once more into the air.

"There this piece of shit can't go anywhere" he says walking to me, and picking me up in one single movement.

As we walk out of the warehouse I notice the other gang members all either knocked out, or groaning quietly in pain, as Adrian walked out towards the red and blue flashing lights with me in his arms.

"I'm surprised you didn't kill Demetri, or at least beat his ass" I say.

"He has a bullet wound in his knee, and wrist, that's good enough, it was also self defence he shot bullets at me, and so did his men" Adrian says stepping out onto the pier and fresh air hits me like a train, it also makes the smell of blood on me more apparent.

"I smell like blood, I'm going to ruin this jacket" I say looking up into the dark grey eyes of the guy I love.

"Fuck the jacket, all that matters is I have you here in my arms" Adrian says and I begin to take in the dozen police cars around the area, along with the several obvious supercars belonging to the group, my mom's S7 amongst them, along with two ambulances.

"Those look necessary there's a dozen injured people inside" I mutter and Adrian laughs.

"I shouldn't find that funny, it'll make me look like a psychopath" he says as we get to an ambulance, and he sets me on the bed.

"I mean I did make a dark joke, and you find dry or sarcastic humour funny" I say, looking at him.

"Tell them all that happened, I'm going back in there to get your dress, and let Demetri down" Adrian says.

"Will you be at the Hospital?".

"I'll stop by yes" he says walking away back towards the building at the same time the police breach the building.