FIVE

"I told him, it's either you or my broom that im riding so you better choose your next words carefully, Adrian "

Lillian said as she careful applied the clear coat over my now sparkle green nails. i would've rather gone for a matted look but quidditch season was around looming over the school, might as well show house pride. i glanced towards my sleeping dorm mate, Rose Rosier. Who was already snoring when i arrived. I watched as her mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"Gross, what did he say?" I asked with my nose scrunched in disgust as a fly flew into Rose's mouth.

"Well obviously the right thing." Lillian said as she lifted her blond hair from her neck to show a series of love bites. I felt my face bloomed in embarrassment. Ill never get the whole PDA thing let alone letting your partner mark your skin. It looked like a vampire had attacked Lillian's neck.

"Ew" I scoff, moving her now dried hand from the blonds grasp. "Seriously Lillian you're going to be a mother before we graduate."

"Im okay with that, Adrian will take care of me!" She said not worried in the slightest. i cringed at the thought of Lillian's small stomach bulging out like she swallowed a dragon egg. i cant really picture someone who couldn't tell the difference from a poison berry to a regular one to be a mother.

"Thinking about having your own kids, Dmitry?" She laughed as she took a seat on her own bed after putting up her nail polish. I quickly pulled away my hand from my stomach in disgust.

"No! I'll never have kids." I declared which was a lie. I would have to keep the Ashworth name alive, sure her cousin seemed to have it covered but i also had to think about my mother's family the Owens and then her fiancés.

That caused a cold ball of ice to drop in my stomach. Draco and me? It was unimaginable now but in ten years? Or less? Would the two be like Lilian and Adrian? Did I want to? Maybe? I wasn't sure nor did I like thinking about it. Glancing at the clock on my desk table i jump from my bed, slipping on my purple slippers. Happy to get away from the topic.

"Whoa. Where you going?" Lilian asked watching md toss on my cloak.

"I forgot to give Jupiter a letter from my mother." i said quickly hurrying out my room without glancing back at Lillian.

"Well don't get caught!" Lillian yelled out as she shut the door. i quickly realized how bad the lie was. i didn't even have a letter in my hands. Groaning as i leaned on the door.

Lillian has caught me lying a few times now but she had always assumed i was going to mess with a boy. Which the blond would tease me about my non-existent beau. Now it wasn't a total lie. Sometimes i would have a very flirty exchange with a customer or Nox Mart worker. Nothing serious of course, I am engaged

That made it better, right? No one could call me a liar. Well, if they wanted but it's wasn't my fault that people assumed things. i shook my head, pushing back on the thoughtless thoughts that tried to overtake me.

Creeping down the stairs i checked around the dimly lit common-room. i noticed a few housemates sat in different parts of the common room. my eyes landed on the back of the heads i didn't want to see.

Draco and his most of his friends had their backs turned to her. i heard Greengrass laugh as she sat on the opposite side of Theodore. Her face flushed with pink. Beside her was Parkinson who's eye caught mine. We stared at each other for a moment before i broke contact leaving the common room in a quick pace.

Hopeful, she didn't realize who i was, i honestly didn't want little kids try to follow. Theodore had noticed how i liked to disappear so it wouldn't be a surprise that other first years could catch on.  The Nox Mart had a very strict 'no first years' rule. Also, I'll rather not have my first conversation to my fiancé be about my little hobby. i didn't think organized underground business was the way to get on his good side.