THREE

Adjusting my cuffs I hummed a small melody, as voices flew all around. Whispers and yells both mingle as students giddy telling another about their adventures of holiday. I sat between Poppy and Gilbert, stealing the seat from Tabitha when she wasn't looking.

All eyes were on the new first years as they got sorted. I felt nervously to see what house my fiancé would get. Of course I knew which house, but wouldn't it be funny if it was something else? No, probably not. But in a different time it could be.

I look over at Gilbert, we didn't speak about what happen. Just talked about others and rumors. Deep down I kind of hope Draco doesn't get Slytherin.

Speaking of, I noticed him in the sea of first years. He looked the same as always.It was actually strange to see him without his parents. Growing up he was always behind his fathers cape.

"Malfoy, Draco" called professor Mcgonagall. I flinched as a needle like elbow digger into my ribs. I glanced to a grinning Poppy.

"Isn't that your fiancé?" She whispered low enough for just for me to hear. We watched as he sat down on the stool. The hat only just grazed his head before shouting Slytherin.

Poppy snorted at the quick choice. I held back a laugh, typically it took at least a minute. It took me almost five and that was because i had to threaten the hat.

I felt another rough nudge this time it was my leg. Poppy looked up  with wide hypnotic green eyes. I had forgotten that Poppy knew about the engagement. These days they weren't talked about, families kept them quiet until the wedding happen.

Poppy knew more about others than i did. It keep me on my tiptoes. I fearful respected the seventh year brunette. Even with respecting her, i thought she was bossy and demanding. Thankful, she enjoyed my presence.

"Yes." I whispered threw gritted teeth while the rest of the table clapped as the blond boy walked towards the end of the table, taken a seat beside what i assumed was his friends.

"I heard he's a brat." Poppy giggled as she watched a second year housemates speak to the young malfoy. Some shaking hands. Always business here at Slytherin HQ. Always have tight ties with powerful families. And the Malfoy were a very powerful family. That's the main reason we're engaged in the first place.

"Heard the whole bunch of newbies are brats. But I guess that makes sense. Ever since your year it's been nothing but brats." Poppy continued with such tone, that if i wasn't use to her i would think she hated me.  I'm 99% sure Poppy liked me or at least tolerate me as the brunette hadn't spoke ill towards me yet.

"Possibly. Now hush please." I murred as my eyes locked on another familiar figure. His dark locks were parted on the right, slicked back as he sat on the stool, like a statue.

Theodore Nott. A childhood friend that i fondly enjoy. Our mothers had been quite close and i recalled spending many autumn days at the Notts manor before Theodore mother had passed.

This summer, i had actually spent a few afternoons at the manor for dinner, as my mother had business with Theodore's father for some reason or another.

It was quite a bore as Theodore father wasn't very keen on hearing children speak so the whole dinner was silent with a few words spoken between the adults.

After dinner i would drag Theodore into his parlor room to play chess.  We would talk about my adventures at Hogwarts while playing, thought it was mainly me talking and Theodore nodding along, instead of playing.
It was upsetting with how withdrawn Theodore had became.

As kids he was bright eyed, we would play tag or hide and sneak. Running around my manor avoiding being caught by her mother or older brother. Some of my happiest memories were playing princess, dragon and knight, with both Jupiter and Theodore.
Since his mother's death, he only stayed in his manor and barely spoke. It was a sad sight.