Chapter 10: Shooting hearts

Start from the beginning

"You're the best Vienna" He sounded like a toddler finally getting the ice cream he had asked for.

"Wow forget your own daughter eh?"

"Oh shut up he's my son too" She scoffed. "Soon to be son-in-law" she whispered to me as she skipped off winking.

"Stop it ma!" I facepalmed.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you uhh there is this ball-type event tonight. I was wondering if uhh you would come with me?" He asked rather shyly.

"A ball? With you?"

"Yeah well I know those aren't really your thing but I'd love some company. Specifically yours."

"Aren't you cute? Sure I'd love to...but only for the food"

"Of course" He grinned. "I'll pick you up at 7"

After breakfast, I called Emma to help me find a proper dress for the ball.

"He asked you out to a ball date aaahh how fancy and romantic" She sighed in awe.

"He just asked me to tag along because he didn't want to go alone" I scoffed.

"Were you always this dumb or is this a newly discovered talent of yours?" She shook her head. "Hun if he just wanted company, he could've told Matteo or Javier to go with him"

"These balls have this policy of bringing a plus one. A date, to be precise." She went on.

"Just help me pick a dress" I rolled my eyes as I changed the topic. I didn't want to argue more because I knew she was right.

"This or this?" I said, holding a royal blue and a pearl white gown.

"The blue one. It's beautiful" she chose.

"Alright, I'll wear it"

I put it on and walked out to show it to Emma.

"A goddess. Literal Goddess" she complimented.

"You spoil me" I laughed.

"Leo will faint" she giggled.

I facepalmed as I took it off and kept it on the bed to wear later.

[A few hours later] [7 pm]

Leo's pov:

"Giglio, Leo's here!" Xander called.

I heard the click-clack of her heels become more prominent as she walked nearer to the stairs. She walked down the stairs, holding the front strands of her hair to see the steps better and I gawked at her like a fool.

She wore a blue gown, with a deep cut and some silver earrings which shined through her hair, her hair was lightly styled on the sides. Twisted braids clipped on the sides, with her hair down. I dunno what they are called so spare me. I knew she couldn't do much to her hair as her hair was quite short. She takes "Simplicity at its best" too seriously.

Back to Azalea:

After walking down the stairs, I took a proper look at Leo.

Gelled, slicked back hair, black shirt under a navy blue suit. A blue tie to match. A shining Rolex and a smirk on his face.

"Would you look at that? We're matching" he grinned.

"What a coincidence?!" I gasped dramatically.

"Okay, you two, 4 feet apart while dancing, no PDA and no after ball sex" Dad instructed.

Leo and I looked at Dad in confusion.

"You're saying this because you and mama did exactly that, didn't you?"