"If he's anything like you, I have nothing to worry about."

"Don't be so sure."

"I'll be waiting."

"Okay. I want y'all to check in early enough, so you don't miss your flight. Give me another hug." I started tearing up as I embraced Ace again. "I don't know why I'm crying. I've just seen how far you've grown and now you're going into middle school. I want you to keep being a good boy for your mom and never feel pressured to change yourself just to fit in. I hope to see you soon."

"Me too. Don't forget about me."

"I won't. Call me whenever you want."

"Let me know as soon as you two land." David hugged Eunice.

"Okay. Take care of yourselves."

"We will. Bye." We waved as they walked through the automatic doors into the airport. David and I entered the car. I grabbed a napkin and wiped my face.

"Not the snot." David laughed.

"Shut up." I tried to stay mad, but I ended up giggling.

"Baby, it's okay. We'll see them soon." He rubbed my back.

"I know." I sighed. This pregnancy is going to turn me so soft that I'll cry at an egg cracking.

"You want a vanilla milkshake from Five Guys before we get to the venue?"

"Yeah, mixed with bacon and peanut butter topped with whipped cream." I watched him scrunch up his face.

"What?"

"Nothing." That's what I thought.

I've been wearing so many black outfits lately to hide my belly. I have also given my heels a break to allow my feet to breathe freely and reduce possible swelling.

I'm officially 13 weeks pregnant. Since I'm entering my second trimester, I definitely need to let David know. I'm pretty sure he already has an idea. I swear when he finds me getting dressed, he's calculating in his mind how my body measurements have changed in the bust, hip, and waist areas. I honestly think he hasn't asked me because he either wants to hear it from me or he doesn't have enough proof to bring it up to me.

Last week, I caught him looking through my car when I came out of Circle K with our drinks. That man was so startled when I knocked on the window so he could unlock the door. He claimed to be looking for the phone charger. I knew that was a lie because it was sitting in plain sight. That's how I knew I had to change my hiding spot for my prenatal vitamins after that.

I have to be more selective with the jobs I choose now. I can technically travel up to 37 weeks according to my doctor and the airline I usually use doesn't have any restrictions for pregnant women. I would prefer not to past 32 weeks, but we'll see how it goes.

Now, it's time to tell him the truth.

I mean, what's the worst that can happen?
*************************************************

Dave

I held Eva's hand as we handled the busy building. This place is packed, but I'm not surprised. Who wouldn't take advantage of this opportunity?

BET is recruiting a group of upcoming rappers to give them a moment to shine during a cypher at the Hip Hop Awards.

I released my first mixtape three weeks ago. It got a lot of buzz, especially due to some of the features I had. I even did a track with my bro, Demario.