8 - i wonder if it was a dream

// NSFW

Getting through the rest of the school day was difficult, to say the least.

Every class George sat in, his hands and feet were constantly moving. Whether subtly or not-so-subtly. He was always reaching for his pencil or pen, always bouncing his legs. Enough to the point where near the end of his last class, the person sitting beside him leaned over and asked if he was okay.

"Hey," George startled at the feeling of a finger prodding at his shoulder and the sound of a loud whisper in his ear. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" George turned his head over, umber eyes catching with piercing blue ones.

George just stared for a minute, taking in the boy beside him. He had wavy blond hair brushed back and styled into a neat mullet, much neater than Dream's, in George's opinion. Though he preferred Dream's mullet over anyone's, really, no matter how messy it looked. He liked the way Dream's dirty blond curls framed his face, just barely touching the tops of his brows. The way his dirty blond curls naturally fell over the tops of his ears, shaping near-perfectly behind them.

George wanted nothing more than to sprawl his hand out on the back of Dream's hair and just pull—

"I asked if you were okay," The boy said with a small chuckle, giving a kind smile. George cleared his throat and opened his mouth, giggling awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah," George nodded, lifting one hand to scratch at the back of his neck. "Why?"

"I don't know," The boy shrugged, leaning back in his seat and spreading his legs slightly wider. "This is my second class with you, and you've been very fidgety all day. Like something has been on your mind."

George frowned. "Oh."

"Yeah," The blond looked away for a moment, surveying their working classmates silently before turning back to George with his hand extended. "I'm Punz. Real name is Luke, but nobody ever really calls me that."

"Okay," George nodded, obliging to the greeting gesture Punz gave. Their palms slid together with ease, and they both gave one small squeeze before dropping each other's hands. "I'm George. Everyone calls me that."

Punz let out a light laugh, eyes scrunching slightly from his wide smile. "Nice. I don't think I've heard the teacher say your name once in this class. And it's been, what, a few months now?"

"I hardly, uh," George chuckled, smoothing one palm over the top of his desk. "Hardly ever participate, I guess. And the same goes for you. You're very quiet."

"Not much to talk about," Punz said with a shrug, sinking into his seat further. George was sure there was some sort of strain on his back. "Plus, most of my friends are in other classes, so."

"Same," George nodded. The boys sat in silence, blocking out the light chatter going around the room as their classmates spoke while working. They hardly noticed a few people beginning to pack up their stuff as the clock neared their release time.

"Well," Punz sighed, shooting George a charming grin that was easily disrupted as the ending bell rang through the small classroom. Punz winced, waiting for it to be over before continuing, "I hope whatever's on your mind goes away, or whatever."

"Thanks," George gathered his things, placing them neatly into his backpack. He had kind of forgotten about his issues in the midst of their conversation, and now that he was remembering, the nerves were beginning to come back.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then?" Punz asked, standing up from his chair. He rolled his shoulders back, scrunching his face up playfully.

"Yeah," George said. He slid out of his chair, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. Punz tipped his chin up and flashed George a grin before making his way out of the classroom.