surprise

They were talking about how to say to their friends that it was twins on the way back to the house and they finally came up with an idea. They went into the boarding house laughing and joking with each other and everything felt right. Then Elana came crashing down the stairs asking a million questions that no one could understand. Bonnie and Damon had now joined them and laughed along with Stefan and Caroline at how funny Elana was being. Bonnie said while still laughing "calm down Elana let them sit down and relax a bit before spilling the beans remember Caroline is pregnant and Stefan has to deal with her mood changes, they deserve to sit down." Everyone laughed at that. They sat down on the couch and told them that everything is fine and that everyone is healthy. They then decided to get dinner and go to bed as everyone was tired. The next morning, they got up early to set up their plan. Dating Caroline Forbes was sometimes a blessing and sometimes made Stefan want to spend the whole day in bed and today he could not figure out which it is. Caroline had gone into full on control freak mode and it was both adorable and giving him a headache. The plan was to make a scavenger hunt. (One of the only reasons Stefan agreed was because he knew that it would annoy Damon). Caroline set up clues around the house making sure that the first one was very noticeable. Stefan knew that Damon and Elana slept like they were dead (pun intended) in the morning. So, they decided to start the scavenger hunt in their bedroom. Stefan also knew for a fact that Damon and Elana always shared a shower first thing in the morning after they wake up, so they stuck the first clue to Damon's shower door. When they woke up Damon and Elana went into the bathroom as expected and were about to get into the shower when they saw the note. The note said, "go to the place where Damon makes his esteemed pancakes!" in Caroline's neat handwriting. Elana laughed and said "she has got something exciting to tell us she is pulling out all the stops. She did this when we were kids that her wedding scrapbook was finally finished." They laughed and then went down to the kitchen and then saw the next clue on the stove. It read "go to the place where Elana hides her blood bags" they went to the "secret" mini fridge next to her bed to find the next clue "go to the place that Caroline found out that she is pregnant" so they went to the basement to find the next clue "go to the place that Stefan told everyone about Caroline and him" they went to the living room to find bonnie there apparently there was a scavenger hunt set up at her house to lead her there too. The last note said "this is the place that you will find out the big news turn me over" Damon who was holding the clue in his hand turned the piece of paper around to reveal the sonogram and there it was clear as day twins. Bonnie started crying and Elana said, "oh my god" and Damon stood there frozen with a huge smile on his face. His little brother was having twins. Stefan and Caroline walked in and got bombarded with hugs and the last ones hugging were Stefan and Damon. Damon pulled away and said, "congratulations brother I'm proud of you" and Stefan swore he saw tears in his eyes.