The robes that Ron currently had were.. not appealing at all.

The colors clashed together horribly, and the lace was completely unnecessary.

She could have something ordered, besides she still needed to find a way to get herself a dress.

"Gee, thanks" Ron said rolling his eyes.

"You're welcome" Y/N said hiding a grin as Harry walked out, a look of pure bafflement on his face.

"What happened?" Ron asked as the four of them began to walk away.

"I have to dance- in front of everyone.." Harry said, his face growing pale. 

"I'm sure you'll surprise everyone with your amazing dancing skills" Y/N said with a playfully grin as she reached over to ruffle up Harry's already messy hair.

Harry rolled his eyes playfully at the gesture, and didn't bother attempting to flatten it. 

He loved when she touched his hair.

And she loved touching his hair. 

It was a perfect dynamic.

The moment that the Yule Ball had been brought up, Harry instinctively thought that Y/N would be his ideal date- partner.. 

Oh who was he kidding. Harry wanted more than anything to have Y/N holding onto his arm as they walked in front of the crowd of people. 

His Y/N. 

But he knew that'd be impossible. He'd never pluck up the courage.

So much for his Gryffindor bravery.

Over the course of the next few days, he had to witness first hand as Y/N was asked to the ball by a series of people.

Guys that he'd never seen before.

Boy's from Durmstang, Beauxbatons, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and even Slytherin asked her out.

It made sense.

She was beyond beautiful.

Harry watched as Y/N quickly rejected them all.

He heard a series of;

'no, sorry'  

'I don't know who you are' 

'Uh- no, but thank you?'

Those were her 'nice' rejections. She was brutal when it came to people she didn't like.

There was Cormac McLaggen, a Gryffindor fifth year who was known for mindlessly dating lots of girls, in her words a 'man whore'

"Y/N is it?" Cormac said, as Y/N, Ron, and Harry walked back from Divination.

"Yes.." Y/N said, looking at him in annoyance.

Cormac smirked. "You. Me. Yule ball, you should be honored, I've rejected 3 girls for you."'

Ron and Harry shared disgusted looks.

"Why would I be honored?" Y/N raised an eyebrow. 

Cormac leaned against the wall, grinning."Because you'd be attending with me."

"And what's so special about you?"

Cormac staggered, having thought that Y/N would've agreed by now.