35

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

"Oh shove off" Ron said huffing, "I don't believe it-" Ron said, in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the group of students from Durmstrang. 

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," said Hermione rolling her eyes.

"Only a Quidditch player- ONLY A QUIDDITCH PLAYER?!" Ron said, looking at her as though he couldn't believe it. "Hermione! — he's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school!"

"Go ask him for a kiss, maybe he'll give you one" Y/N smirked, Ron glared at her.

They recrossed the entrance hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students heading for the Great Hall.

Several sixth-year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked —

"Oh I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me —" 

"D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

"Really," Hermione said as they passed the girls.

"I'm getting his autograph if I can," said Ron. "You haven't got a quill, have you, Harry?"

"Nope, they're upstairs in my bag," said Harry.

They walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down. 

The Durmstrang students settled themselves at the Slytherin table. 

"Where d'you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer him a space in our dormitory, Harry . . . I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp bed." Ron said, staring at the back of Krum's head.

Hermione snorted.

"They look a lot happier than the Beauxbatons lot," said Harry. 

The Beauxbaton students where clutching scarves to them, looking around seeming almost displeased.

"They seem so snobby" Y/N said, watching as a few students looked at the silverware in distaste. 

Up at the staff table, Filch, was adding chairs. He added four chairs, two on either side of Dumbledore's.

"But there are only two extra people," Harry said. "Why's Filch putting out four chairs, who else is coming?"

"Huh?" said Ron in confusion, he continued to stare at Krum.

When all the students  entered the Hall and settled down at their House tables, the staff entered, filing up to the top table and taking their seats. 

In the back were Professor Dumbledore, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime. 

Dumbledore walked to his seat and remained standing, a silence fell over the Great Hall.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and — most particularly — guests," said Dumbledore, beaming at the foreign students. 

"I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable."