Traitor x TayNew

Tay.

"I already called someone who will help you to catch up with the study topics, he can definitely guide you with everything you need"

The counselor said while we're waiting for the same person she was talking about. I just transferred to this new school since my family once again relocated, in line with the job of my Father. I'm used to this, since it was not the first time we have gone through this kind of transfer process.

"He's currently the top student for your batch. A very reliable student..."

She said, but the sound of her voice slowly faded when my eyes averted to the person who just entered the room. Like a music video, the surroundings seemed to slow down and all I could see was the person approaching our place. His face was glistening, along with the clothes he wore which were neatly pressed, quite opposite to what I am currently wearing.

"New, you're here"

The counselor greeted him as soon as her eyes laid on him. He responded with a polite smile and a nod. He looked at me for a brief moment, but immediately looked away when the counselor requested his attention. I observed him more secretly and noticed how pale his skin looked, like the skin of a vampire I usually saw on the television series. He also has that eye-catching mole seated on the tip of his nose, who looks like a cherry on top of a vanilla flavored cake.

"I would like you to meet Tawan, he'll be in the same class as you. I want you to guide him when it comes to catching up with the current school topics"

New faced me and offered his hand, which didn't take long enough for me to accept.

"Nice to meet you. I'm New"

"Likewise. You can just call me Tay"

I said, smiling widely, which surprisingly left ignored. New drew back his hand and politely asked permission to the counselor to leave, which was immediately granted.

"Let's go. We'll be late in class"

He simply said when he turned back to my direction, before starting walking away. I paid respect to the counselor before following New outside the room.

We were walking side by side in the hallway when I decided to cut the awkwardness by telling him a random statement.

"The counselor mentioned that you're the top student of the batch"

New only smiled and nodded. Persistent to hear a response from him, I asked him a question this time.

"Are the students here friendly?"

"You can say that"

Was all he could say before stopping in front of a room, which I assumed will be our designated homeroom.

"This will be our homeroom. A lot might take the initiative to approach you once you come in, since that has been what they were doing whenever a good looking student chose to be transferred here. Please be comfortable and enjoy your stay."

He said, which took me aback. It was not because he complimented me, I heard that a lot. It was the way he delivered his words. It was cold as ice. After telling me that, New went inside the room, not bothering to bid me a proper goodbye.

New didn't lie. As soon as I entered the room, I was welcomed by multiple gasps and a lot of students, majority were girls, approached me and introduced themselves to me. I didn't feel harassed though. They are all kind and welcoming. Some even invited me to join them for lunch even though they barely know me. But I had to decline their offers since I already made plans to join New. I still have to learn more from him as what the counselor wanted, and besides, there was something about him that made me really curious. I want to get to know him more.