Deja Vu x TayNew

[Part 2 of Traitor x TayNew]

New.

College life was way too difficult than being a High School student. They said, it makes you more free from school responsibilities, but it was the other way around. It's challenging. Dealing with different kinds of people, working on your own, coping up with different kinds of responsibilities. Gladly, I am always up for such challenges. That's the positive side of training yourself to be mature and independent at an early age, adjusting will be nothing but an easy task which becomes a part of your life.

But today was a different case, because the adjustment that life was requiring me to face was something that I've been dreading to happen.

"Is that you, Tay? Wow! What a small world!"

Gun exclaimed when he saw the familiar face, approaching us. He couldn't hide the huge smile on his face. He's too glad to meet him again after a year of not seeing the guy. But I, on the other hand, was left frozen on my spot. I never expected this scenario to happen anytime soon, or rather, I never wished this to happen ever.

Tay looks very different from the boy I left in the park a year and a half ago. His build improved, his complexion looked greater than before, his clothes were neatly ironed this time and his visuals became way better than what I remembered. In short, Tay became more attractive than ever.

"Look, New!"

Gun yelled, gesturing me to look at Tay, which I wished he never did. Gun walked closer to him and clung his arm around Tay's, which the latter didn't mind. I slowly averted my eyes from their arms to his face, and saw him looking back at me with that familiar smile on his face. It made me feel different kinds of emotions inside.

"Long time no see, New"

He said, which took me aback. I didn't expect that. Was he not mad at me after all the worse things I did towards him? I used and betrayed him after all.

When Gun's arm left his, he walked closer to me and offered me his hand. A sudden wave of nostalgia swept over me. This was like the first time we met. The only difference was, I was the one who offered my hand to him back then.

"Nice to see you again"

He said so casually like nothing happened between us, like I did nothing stupid at him way back. The pool of regret once again took over me, so I did the first thing that came into my mind. To escape.

I heard how Gun gasped when I chose to ignore Tay's hand and walked past him. Gun followed me right away, but not before apologizing to Tay. I heard the latter acknowledge Gun's words before also walking away to the opposite direction.

When I was sure he's far enough from us, I looked back at him and couldn't help but ask, why did he decide to move here? To be around me once again.

-

"Will you stop looking at me like that"

I whispered to Gun, when I could no longer handle his glares. He never once looked away since we arrived at the library. He's making me more distracted than I already am.

"Why did you do that?"

He asked and I am pretty aware what he was talking about, but chose not to respond. What happened was already messing with my head, and the last thing I want to do right now is to talk about it.

"Tell me, New. Why do you hate Tay so much? He's a nice guy. Not only that. He's handsome, rich and hot. I will definitely date him if he would allow me to"

I instantly glared at Gun after his statement. That's always been him. He likes flirting around even if he's already committed to Off.

"What? Don't tell me that you do not see him attractive? I even assumed you two dated back then"