I noticed Jamie three rows from the back, averting his stare with his head slightly bowed and his arm constricting my vision to his face.

That son of a gun was trying to hide from me, too bad pretty boy. With a skip to my step I manoeuvred through the classroom and plonked myself down next to him.

"Fuck sake." He whispered, effortlessly making me smile. "Don't talk to me at school, pretend you don't know me." He muttered under his breath.

"What was that Jamie? I didn't quite hear your attempt to talk to me. Could you speak up?" I shouted loudly.

"Oh my god." Before his hands covered his face he widened his eyes in horror. "Kill me now."

An eternity of amphibian anatomy past by, when Mrs Green instructed us to take notes I pulled out my fuzzy rainbow pencil case and I felt Jamie's eyes roll.

"You're so embarrassing." He picked up my pencil case and studied it strangely. "it's weird to bring a pencil case to school, I don't even remember to bring a pen." I yanked it from his grasp and set it back down on the table. "You're such a freak."

"Says the one who ate breakfast with his whole family this morning wearing nothing but tiny black boxer shorts 'cause mommy hadn't dried his school uniform in time."

"Actually, I ate in my boxer shorts because not wearing pants is freeing when you've got a big d-"

"Gross! Stop!" I plugged my fingers over my ears just to block out his voice.

"Jamie Maines, I haven't seen you write a single thing." Mrs Greens voice was annoying, like nails grazing down a chalkboard. He grabbed my pencil case again and tugged the zipper open, fishing out an ordinary black biro.

"Borrowing a pen." He winked at me, beaming a childish smile that illuminated all of his features.

The day zipped by slowly, nobody attempted to speak to me. Instead they bumped my shoulders in the corridors and treated me like I was invisible. I was okay with that, I wasn't here to make friends.

I kept my head down, eyeing up the map in my hand for the billionth time today. I should've been watching where I was going because I crashed into a tank-like something.

A deathly cold liquid seeped through my clothes, chilling my chest. At first I fixated on the purple slushy ice covering my chiffon blouse but then my head snapped up to face the culprit.

Our stares connected silently for a few seconds before he gestured down to his own shirt. "You've got...uh...a little something on your shirt." He pointed out sarcastically, features enriched with mischief.

I sucked in the air and held it there, slowly counting backwards from ten in order to calm my budding rage.

"You just poured it over me, dipshit." I pulled the wet material away from my skin and wafted it between my fingers to shake off some of the ice shards.

My hair had darkened to a deep red and clumped together with stickiness. The white chiffon of my blouse had become see through and stained, that's all I needed.

He started laughing, hysterically. It was clear he showed no empathy for soaking me and I couldn't say I was at all surprised.

"You deserved it for pushing me into your pool. What if I couldn't swim?"

"Then you would've drowned."

I dropped the material back down and it immediately clung to my chest, exposing the dainty red rose pattern on my bra.

His eyes looked down at the mess and a cocky grin stretched his face. "Nice bra, are you wearing the matching panties?"

I grabbed the remains of his slushy cup out of his hand and threw it right into his face. He gasped as the cold liquid hit him.

"Bitch!" He bellowed deeply, wiping the dripping purple ice away from his devilishly handsome face. I bit back a smile.

"If I showed you just how bitchy I could be, you'd be on your knees begging for forgiveness."

"I'd rather you be on your knees, Blossom." He pulled up the bottom edge of his shirt up and wiped his face clean. In the process he exposed his torso to me, his tight, ribbed, blemish free, chocolatey torso.

Fuck, it was just as beautiful as his face.

He looked at me from behind the cotton material of his school shirt and he raised his eyebrows at me in a sexual way. He caught me looking, shit.

"You like what you see?" Much to my disappointment he dropped his shirt, hiding the small tease of his body.

I frowned at him and curled my lip up in disgust. "W-what?" My words came out tongue tied and his ridiculously sexy smirk only grew.

His smirk was my downfall. The way his lips slowly curled up in a dickish way got me flustered and my carnal rage dissipated like smoke. My heart raced with excitement and it made me want to kiss him, forgive him and kill him all at the same time. How is that possible?

No, have some restraint Fearne.

You don't do this, you don't feel this.

You're numb to the world around you, existing - not living and one boy swooping in isn't going to change that. Especially not a jerk like him, a multiracial jerk! I straightened my posture and stared him dead in the eye. "No, it's disgusting. You're disgusting."

His smile faded as fast as it grew, he stumbled backwards a tiny millimetre as if my words had hit him directly in the chest like a bullet. Good! That's what he deserved.

But then he gathered himself and stepped forward, forcing me to fall back against the locker, he pressed his body on mine and slammed his hand to the side of my face, locking me in place. He twirled a some of my coppery-red hair around his finger.

"Right now Blossom." His words came out so low and smooth that they were almost a whisper. His mahogany eyes, surrounded by so many lashes gazed deeply. They took hold of me and threatened to never let go.

"You're looking good enough to eat." I could smell the sweetness on his breath, apples. He had been eating the candy again and it made me instantly look at his lips.

They were soft, gentle but domineering and animalistic in their claim. His kiss was the stamp of Satan, hot as hell and powerful enough to turn even the most angelic thoughts dirty.

I couldn't stop thinking about the way his stupid lips claimed mine. He woke me up and let lose a riot of colour deep inside of me. He both excited me and angered me to my core and I didn't know which one was stronger.

He ran his thumb over my lips softly and I jerked my head out of his reach. "Your lips make me wonder what the rest of you would taste like."

what?

The school bell rang viciously above our heads and it was the reprieve I needed to snap myself out of his hypnotism.

I pushed into his chest with all of my might and he moved back a few paces laughing. I clasped the buttons on my navy blazer to hide the stain and gave him one last evil look before walking away in the opposite direction, wanting to place as much distance between us as possible.

He got me so mad, furious even. Every nerve in my body was sizzling with the rage he caused me to feel. He was arrogant, rude and clumsy. As a result I was sticky, stained and wet. I hated him.

I hated his stupid beautiful face.
I hated his stupid beautiful smirk.
I hated his stupid beautiful voice.
I hated how his beautiful made me stupid.