Chapter 6: Image Problem

Start from the beginning

Just then, they spotted Yumi wandering by.

"Yumi." Ulrich called out to her and she turned to them in surprise.

"Guess you're feeling better, huh?" Odd said.

"You worried us for a second there." Amy said.

"Tell us what happened." Jeremy said.

Yumi looked around at the five of them before turning to leave, but was stopped by Amy placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You sure you're okay?" She asked in concern.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." Yumi replied.

"Yumi, tell us what happened on Lyoko." Mel said as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Nothing, you hear?" Yumi replied somewhat snappy. "Come on. Let's go over to the Factory now."

"In your condition? That's a pretty crazy idea." Ulrich replied.

"Hey listen, we've got more important things to do. Like eating, for example." Odd said.

Yumi then stormed off, Odd and Amy sharing a confused and slightly concerned glance before following after her as Odd shrugged to the others.

"What about Aelita? Is she safe?" Ulrich asked as he, Jeremy and Mel hung back.

"Yeah, I hope so." Jeremy replied. "I told her to stay in the tower."

****

The group were now all in the cafeteria eating.

"And you really can't remember what happened?" Jeremy asked as Yumi had just finished telling them she didn't remember what happened to her on Lyoko.

"No, nothing." Yumi replied.

"Do you think it could've come from the scanners? A bug or something like that?" Ulrich wondered.

"Maybe it's Xana." Amy said.

"Yeah. He could be trying out a new way of attacking." Odd said.

"I haven't the slightest idea. I'm wondering if all these transfers are becoming a health problem." Jeremy said.

Sissi then walked by with a tray of food.

"Hey, do I smell fish or just cheap perfume?" Odd asked.

"You're such a riot." Sissi replied. "Oh, Ulrich. What do you say we get together after school, huh?"

"Get together with you? Very tempting, but uh... not." Ulrich replied which made the table of friends laugh.

Normally Yumi would be laughing with them, but instead she watched them almost robotically.

"You're showing off because Mel's here, huh? Mademoiselle likes to keep the competition as far away as she can." Sissi said.

"That's not true." Yumi suddenly said. "Why don't you go out with her? I'm sure Mel wouldn't mind and she is really pretty."

This set off alarm bells for all of them as they looked at Yumi in confusion and surprise.

That was definitely not something Yumi would say and Mel felt a small amount of hurt at that. After all, besides her twin, Yumi knew better than anyone how she felt about Ulrich. Why would she say something like that? And right infront of her too.

"Hey, you wouldn't be trying to make fun of me, would you?" Sissi asked and Yumi turned to her with a serious look on her face. "No? Great! Thanks a lot, Yumi."