Pt 20: Camp fate V - Trust me, you don't want to know how a snake bite feels!

Start from the beginning

^ Logan in sweats.

I followed his appearance with my gaze as he sat on a chair opposite mine. I didn't want to make it known that I was checking him out, so I turned my sights to the ball.

Clearing his throat with a cough, "So, we've got issues", he stated.

"Issues?, how?", I questioned.

"I just noticed we're running out of foodstuff, in fact, there's nothing else in this cave apart from the few French fries and potato chips I brought here", he said.

Okay, so I don't joke around when it comes to food and to top it all, I haven't eaten anything since yesterday!.

The majority is my fault for not going to eat the spaghetti instead I stayed back cuddling Logan. Well, you can't actually blame me for that.

I'm not also in the mood to talk to him either.

"HellOo? Am I communicating here?", Logan jolted me back to reality.

"Uh, yeah. I said with a dull face. I thought we were still on the routine of you eating in the morning, and I in the afternoon, then we both starve till the next day?", I asked.

"Yeah. But unfortunately, I don't think that would be possible as we don't have enough food especially when you burnt a whole packet of spaghetti", he soughed.

Can't he recollect anything else from yesterday apart from burnt spaghetti? Not like I'm praying for him too.

I rolled my eyes. "Never mind. I'm going to go search for something to eat", I say as I get up to stroll out.

He stepped in front of me. "Three words. Are. you. crazy?!?!", he yelled out.

"Umm, what do you want us to do then? Starve to death? Like come to think of it, we're stranded here in this forest. I don't think there's any hope of surviving and to crown it all, we're running out of sustenance!", I clapped back at him.

He gave a mild groan, "I get you're frustrated, but I honestly ain't gonna allow you saunter into the woods by yourself. It's too risky. I prefer I go by myself than allowing you out there. Just relax, I'll come up with another pl-"

"I'm tired of allowing you to treat me like a child. I'm not a kid anymore, I'm quite capable of taking care of myself and making decisions for myself!. Ever since we got here, you've been ordering me around! Stacey, don't do that! Stacey, don't go out! Stacey, go to bed, it's late! Stacey, stay indoors, it's dangerous outside! Stacey, this, Stacey, that! like what the fuck?! I'm fed up with all this!", I let out my anger.

"I understand the fact that you are doing all this for my safety, but it's just getting out of hand! Now, here's the pact, I'm going out, not just to search for food, but to have breathing space! And please, don't try stopping me, cos I'm certainly not in the mood to reason with the same guy that ditched me back in the garden!", after much shouting, I then realized my last statement.

Oh, girl! You shouldn't have said that loud bruh!

Nice advice, better off next time!

It's ratified, I'm so stupid! Maybe I do lose my cool at times.

I scanned the way Logan reacted to my last statement. He didn't say a thing for a few minutes, rather, he kept on burning holes into my soul, just by staring at me. Okay, I honestly would prefer dying to stay another minute under his fretting gaze.

Crap!

"I-i-I'm... S-s-sor-", I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to apologize then and now and get this whole issue over with. But he cut me off.