•~{chapter 4}~•

Third-person pov

Everybody came out of the room and entered the kitchen.

They saw a million dishes lined up on a table for them to enjoy. They all look at the table in awe as they sat down.

"So y/n since you are the guest we wanted to treat you tonight. I hope you enjoy this dinner!" One of the JieJies spoke as the cameras started rolling.

"Thank you so much for having me here! And I will definitely enjoy my stay" Y/n had a large smile on her face.

Her mother was nowhere in her mind. At least not right now.

"Dig in!"

~~~

[]/[]'s pov

I started eating but I made sure to watch the members and Mei Mei with the corner of my eye.

They said we're gonna prank them so I had to see it.

I payed close attention to the staff as well but most of them kept their cool.

I had a bit of small talk here and there but I didn't speak much aside from that.

I heard a scream from beside me so I swiftly move my head to see what happened.

A toy spider was lying on the table. Mingrui and Shuyang were soaked in water.

I snorted laughing hysterically as the others watched.

Another scream could be heard and this time it was Hanyu.

His face distorted in a matter of seconds.

Discomfort written all over.

I clutched my stomach as they got up to dry themselves off.

Xinlong, Zeyu, Mei Mei, and Zihao joined me, laughing as much as I was.

"Y/n you knew this whole time!?" Mingrui exclaimed from one of the rooms.

I extended my hand to JieJie. She placed a few sweets in my palm.

I giggled stuffing them in my pocket.

"Thank you"

"Give me some!" Mei Mei held out her hand.

I gave her one candy.

"Okay guys! You can go rest. We're done for today" The cameraman said.

"Please be at the studio by 10. That's all have a good night!"

~~~

[]/[]'s pov

I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes fall along with every imperfection on my face.

Why couldn't I be perfect? Why did God have to make me like this?

I frowned grabbing a towel and wiping my face.

After the dinner the crew left and everyone got ready for bed. I'm the last one to.

Leaving the bathroom I headed to my room, opening the door and making sure I didn't wake anyone.

I got in bed and pulled the covers over my body.

Facing the ceiling I let my thoughts wander freely.

Hopefully mom won't call tomorrow.

~~~

Third-person pov

Y/n turned the other way only to be met by a pair of brown eyes.

She let out a soft laugh. "You aren't asleep yet?" She voice barely above a whisper.

"I can't sleep" Xinlong said returning a smile.

Silence took over for a few minutes.

Xinlong broke the silence.

"Can I show you something?" Xinlong sat straight up.

"Sure... What is it?"  Y/n replied following his action.

"Follow me" Xinlong rose to my feet walking over to her bed.

He extended his hand indicating to grab it.

She slipped her hand in his and he guided her to the rooftop.

"Close your eyes" Xinlong whispered to her.

Cold air brushed their skin making y/n shiver slightly.

"You can  open them now..."

Y/n's mouth slightly hang at the sight in front of her.

"I come here when I can't sleep" He took a seat on the ledge of the balcony.

"It's relaxing" Y/n took a seat beside him.

"Are you sure everything's alright with you mother?" He asked again looking at her.

She stayed quiet.

"No..." She admitted.

"Both of my parents have never been there... When I was younger they would leave me with a nanny. They could never make time in their schedule for me. When Mei Mei was born I would always be the one taking care of her. I try to be a good sister for her" She spoke quietly with tears in her eyes.

"They probably love their job more than they do me" Y/n sighed blinking away the tears.

"Hey..it's alright to cry you know. Let it out" Xinlong put a hand on her forearm rubbing it to help her calm down.

She became silent.

"I don't know what to feel about them anymore.."  She buried her face in her hands.

Xinlong felt pity for the girl. Nothing like that has ever happened to him before and he knew he wouldn't like it if it did happen.

He embraced her in a loose hug, wrapping his arms around her whole body.

A pair of arms wrapped around his.

"Just know that if you ever need a shoulder to cry on I'll be right here.." He said as a small laugh escapes her mouth.

"We should probably get back to bed" Y/n pulled back from the hug.

She stood up offering Xinlong her hand like he did in their room.

They both went back to bed and had a dreamless sleep

~~~

~~~<3

~~~
<3

You're the part of me I'll always need.