Aomine had the ball and broke easily past Kise.
But Kise caught up and actually managed to block one of Aomine's shots.
"Seriously?" said Kagami.

We were all surprised...
"I see Satsuki did her job well again..." I said. "She predicted everything..."
"She's an amazing manager" said Riko but then looked at me. "But we would prefer you over her any day!"

"I know" I chuckled. "Satsuki has different strengths than me. But there are things that only I can do and there are things that only she can do"

"First quarter is over"
"Kaijo completely took the first quarter" said Riko.
"Aomine's not holding back again, is he?" asked Kagami.

"No, he must be trying" said Tetsuya. "I can only assume Kise-kun is beating him"
"Kaijo's in the lead" said Hyuga. "Honestly, I'm surprised"
"Yeah" said Izuki.

"Can I ask you something?" asked Kiyoshi. "How did you guys beat Kaijo?"
We all flinched.
"Um... with spirit?" said Kagami.

"Sheer luck" I said at the same time.
"Also, while I said Aomine-kun is trying, he tends to get stronger as the game goes on" said Tetsuya. "If he's going to get any better, it will probably happen soon"

I was surprised with how slow Touou began the second quarter.
But they still took the first basket of the second quarter.
When I saw Kise and Aomine go one-on-one... we could feel the intensity to the bleachers...
But Aomine got better... the gap between Kaijo and Touou got smaller...
Kise couldn't stop Aomine anymore.

Kaijo took a time out when they were tied.
I noticed that Kise was planning something...
"Kuroko? Maeda?" said Kagami, Tetsuya was thinking the same thing.

When the game started something, my hunch was confirmed...
"This is it! Aomine versus Kise!" shouted Koganei.
"How many times have they tried this already?" said Tsuchida.

But... Kise passed...
"Don't tell me..." I whispered.
'He's trying to copy Aomine?'

Kise observed Aomine closely...
Kasamatsu made Aomine foul.
"That must've hurt" I said.

The whole game had me on edge...
"Tetsu" I said and he nodded.
"It's probably exactly what you're thinking" said Tetsuya. "Kise-kun is trying to copy Aomine-kun's style"

"Can he... really do that?" asked Hyuga.
"Kise can only copy what he can do" I said. "He cannot copy anything he can't do"
"W-What?" said Koganei.

"Put simply, he's just a fast learner" said Riko. "He can't recreate the movements of NBA players or anyone better than himself"
"Bu if he's trying to do something, it means he believes he can do it" said Kiyoshi.
But to make matters worse... Imayoshi scored a buzzer beater at the end of the second quarter.

"I'll let Nigo out" said Tetsuya and I nodded.
"I'll have to go and scold Kise" I said and they all looked at me. "He's going to destroy his ankle if he keeps this up. I'm not that heartless"

I walked to the changing rooms, which were way too easy to get into if you asked me...
I opened the door and Kaijo looked at me.
"Where's that idiot?" I asked.

"Seirin?!" they all shouted.
"Maeda, you can't be here" said Kasamatsu.
"Like hell I can't" I said. "I know what Kise's trying to do"

They all looked surprised.
"Oh please, I was Teiko's manager for almost 3 years" I said. "I know Kise and the others. I know Satsuki also knows what Kise's trying to do"
"Satsuki?" asked their coach.

"Momoi Satsuki" I said. "Touou's manager. She's an information gathering specialist. She's really scary if she's your opponent. But, that's not why I'm here. Where's Kise?"
"He went outside for a bit" said Kasamatsu. "Why?"

"He's destroying his ankle" I said and they looked surprised. "If he continues to try and copy Aomine... he'll overwork his ankle and if it's not treated in time, it'll cause major troubles later. Someone will have to tape it, so that that doesn't happen"

"Why are you helping us?" asked another member.
"I'm a medical manager" I said. "I'm not that heartless to watch someone I know destroy themselves, besides, I really hope you guys will kick Touou's ass"

"Thank you" said their coach.
"No problem" I said. "Just, make sure Kise doesn't overwork himself. And, do your best"
I left the room and saw Kise.

"Maedacchi" he said and I sighed.
"You idiot" I said and kicked his ass. "Don't overwork yourself, and let someone tape your ankle. I know it's bothering you"
I walked away but he stopped me.

"Wait, please" he said and I turned around. "About last time... I didn't realise how much you were hurting. And... I wanted to apologise"
I was surprised...

"I should've spoken up after what happened" he said. "I should've checked up on you. I'm really sorry I didn't..."
"Thank you" I said and he let go of my arm. "Well, do your best with the game"

I left and walked back to the bleachers.
"Emi?" said Tetsuya and I sat down.
"Kise, just apologised" I said. "Don't really know how to take that"

~

The third quarter began...
And... Kise used a copy of Aomine against Imayoshi.
"You're kidding" I whispered.

Imayoshi fouled Kise and we were all speechless.
Kise probably didn't think his copy was perfect yet, since he only used it against people who weren't Aomine.
After Kise had scored the two free shots.

Aomine had grabbed the ball and just thrown it into the basket.
I grabbed Tetsuya's hand in shock, everyone was shocked...
Tetsuya was surprised as well, he intertwined our hands and I could feel how tense he was.

After Kise's team defended their points... Kise changed and went up against Aomine.
"Oh my god" I whispered. "He did it..."
And he was just like Aomine... Kise passed Aomine easily and it was like there were 2 Aomine's playing on the field...

But Aomine fouled Kise while Kise scored...
"No!" I heard Satsuki scream.
"Defence, black No. 5! Basket counts, and one!" shouted the referee.