58. Hospital Wing

After lunch, we all went to Madam Pomfrey.

First, she muttered a few things about quiting, then she made all of us lay down on separate beds.

I had Roxanne on my right, Alice on my left, while James was laying on the bed across from me between Teddy and Fred.

"Thank you, Fred. Really." Roxanne lifted up her head from her pillow and looked at Fred. "Now we probably all have the virus, and even better than that, I have an EXAM tomorrow! Thank you! This was exactly what I needed before my Herbology exam!"

Fred stayed quiet and I didn't bother lifting my head up when he started talking.

"You're being... sarcastic, right?"

I heard her sigh.

"Lily!"

I looked up at James, laying on the bed across from me. He was looking at the ceiling with his chest going up and down every time he breathed.

"James!" I replied with the same tone.

"What are you doing!"

I looked up at the ceiling. "Nothing! What are you doing!"

"Nothing!"

The room fell silent and I closed my eyes.

"Lily!"

"James!"

"I'm bored!"

"I'm bored too!"

"Do something!" He groaned and started hitting the bed.

"Like what!" I yelled over.

"I don't know!"

"Okay!"

Madam Pomfrey entered the hospital wing with bottles in her hand.

"Oh hey PomPom. How is it goin?" James smiled at her as she roled her eyes and put the bottles down.

"I was good until you lot came here." She opened one of the bottles that had a blue lid and made all of us smell it one by one.

"Is this some kinda... drug?" James asked, smelling after Teddy. "Ooh, fancy smell."

Madam Pomfrey shook her head in disappointment and moved on to Fred before doing Alice and finally coming to me.

"Smell it dear."

I took a sniff from the bottle and closed my eyes.

"So how is Bob?" I asked.

"He is well. Thank you for asking." She moved on to Roxanne and closed the lid after she took a long sniff.

Then, she opened a bottle with purple lid and took out six spoons.

"Drink this." The spoons flew in our way and I closed my nose to not to get the taste.

"Well done. Now, take this day off, and you will be good for tomorrow. I will ley your Professors know."

We all nodded and she exited the Hospital wing once again.

I realized I must have zoned out at some point, because I was still staring at the door.

I shook my head and layed my head down on my pillow. I could hear Teddy and Roxanne talking with each other across the room.

Maximum six seconds passed.

"Lily!"

"James!"

"What are you doing!"

I opened my eyes. "Nothing! What are you doing!"

"I missed you!"