12. Chubby Hands

Fifth Year:

The great hall was now full off people. Professors were talking with each other quietly, while all the houses were loudly having conversations across the room.

I made my way to our table and sat between Teddy and Roxanne. Fred and Teddy were talking when James sat next to Fred.

"Took you long enough." Roxanne said as she gave me a toast.

"Thanks." I muttered andstarted eating my bread with out talking.

When I was about to finish my toast, I realized the table was awfully quiet. I looked up from my plate and saw all of my friends staring at me.

I looked at them one by one before talking. "Did I miss... something?"

James was the only one who wasn't staring at me. Which is unusual.

"Something feels wrong." Teddy muttered as he squinted his eyes to me.

Roxanne looked at me up and down, "Yeah..."

Fred took a sip from his orange juice. "Mhm. It's too quiet."

I quickly made eye contact with all of them. "Because you guys are staring at me instead of talking."

Fred lightly hit his hand on the table. "Okay, I got it. I know why it feels weird."

"What?" Roxanne asked.

"There's no fighting." They all turned their gaze to James, who was still eating his egg. "No arguments, no snapping, no yelling..." He first looked at me, then James, then me again. Like he was waiting for something to happen. But nothing. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?!"

We were lucky that the great hall was loud enough so no one turned around and looked at us weirdly.

"What are you talking about?" James asked, finally done with his egg. But still didn't made any eye contact with me, which is so unusual.

Roxanne continued, "Why are you two so.... normal?"

"What do you want us to do?" James asked putting his fork down.

"I don't know. It just... feels weird." Her expression changed.

"Fine." I adjusted myself like I always do before a fight. "James,"

He finally made eye contact. "Lily,"

I smiled, "You smell like a pig." and grabbed my cup to drink some tea.

He smiled back, "And you're extremely annoying."

"Are you happy now?"

Teddy looked confused. "But you said James. And you said Lily."

"Yeah, Teddy. It's his name. What else am I suppose to call him?"

James cleared his throat. "Potter, dumbass, pig..."

Roxanne continued. "Dim, annoying, troll face..."

And Fred finished it with, "Stupid, snake, trash..."

"You make me sound like a bad person!"

"You are a bad person!"

"Oh, so you're the one to talk, Potter?"

"Alright, they're back."

*****

"Do you have everything with you?" Roxanne asked as she closed her trunk.

"Yeap. All good." I put my trunk downstairs already, so I was only helping Roxanne.

"Don't forget about us, just because you're with Teddy." She winked and I rolled my eyes.