~

"You're eating more than usual" said Tetsuya to Kagami during lunch.
He was eating a lot of food...
"I'm surprised that's enough food for you" said Kagami. "We played two games yesterday. I'm so hungry"

"I'm sore at least" said Tetsuya.
"What does that mean?" asked Kagami. "I guess I am too"
"Don't stretch like that" I said. "You'll make it worse"
"Kagami-kun, Kuroko-kun!" it was Riko. "Perfect, come with me. Oh, you can come too, Emiko-chan!"

She made the boys carry the boxes full of DVD's.
"But we're sore" complained Kagami. "What are you, an ogre?"
"You want to make 2 maidens carry those boxes?" asked Riko. "That's your job, boys"

"I don't see any maidens anywhere" said Kagami and Riko and I hit him on his sides. "What is this anyway?"
"They're DVD's of this year's and last year's games from the club room" said Riko. "They're for scouting, and the club room is so small. We're gonna be playing two games in a row against the kings in the semi-finals. There's no such thing as over preparing"

~

While I was waiting for Tetsuya, I heard the TV in the locker room.
So I opened the door and saw Tetsuya and Kagami watch a match of Seiho.
'What is it with their movements... I get a really bad feeling...'

"Hey" I said. "I remember that guy, number 10"
"Huh?" said Kagami.
"Do you remember, Tetsu?" I asked and he nodded. "We played against him in middle school. The guy had only just started, but he shut Kise down"

Flashback 2 years ago

Kise was holding the ball for too long...
"He does know the rules of basketball, right?" I asked Seijuro, Kuroko had taken his place on the field.
"Yes, Emi" said Seijuro. "We explained the rules"

"Twenty-four seconds violation!" shouted the referee.
"Oh great" I sighed.
"What?" said Kise.

"Kise! You held the ball too long, you idiot!" shouted Aomine.
"Sorry!" shouted Kise.
"Kise-chin, give me a break" said Murasakibara.

"This is why you aren't any good" said Midorima.
"Kise-kun, please pass the ball" said Kuroko.
"Kurokocchi, even you're mad?" said Kise and he looked at me and trembled in fear. "I'm sorry, Maedacchi!"

"Kise, you're the only one who hasn't scored 20" said Seijuro.
"Sorry! But Kurokocchi..." tried Kise.
"Kuroko's different" said Seijuro.

Kise looked at the guy who managed to block him for so long.
"What's your name?" asked Kise. "Because of you I'm the only one getting yelled at today"
"Tsugawa Tomoki" said the guy. "They're yelling at you, huh? That's great. I love seeing people get upset"
"Who is this guy?" complained Kise. "Will someone change marks with me?"

-End of flashback-

"I hoped we didn't have to play that guy again" I said. "He gave me the creeps"
We had watched the game again with the other members.
I had noticed something about their movements... I guess working together with Satsuki was paying off.

"We already knew it would be, but this is going to be really tough" said Izuki.
"Sorry, but I feel like crying again" said Koganei.
"Frankly, we'd lose nine times out of ten against Seiho and Shutoku" said Riko. "We just have to play that one game we win"

"Hey, listen" I said and replayed the game. "I wouldn't go so far as to call it a strategy, but I have an idea"
I told them what I had seen and even Tetsuya was impressed.

~

The boys were warming up.
And Kagami and Tetsuya were staring at Midorima.
"You're staring down the wrong guy, idiot" said Hyuga. "No matter how hard you stare, if we lose this next game, you'll look like an idiot"

"I was just looking at him" said Kagami.
"Yeah right" I said.
"I was!" he shouted. "I'm completely focused on our next game"

My phone went off, it was a text from Kasamatsu.
Kasamatsu: 'Kise and I are coming to watch your games against Seiho and Shutoku. Good luck'
"Seiho seems more normal than I expected" said Furihata. "They don't have any really big guys"

"I suppose they are a bit small for a national class team" said Riko. "Their biggest player is their captain, Iwamura-kun"
"Is he about as tall as Mitobe-senpai?" asked Furihata. "He's pretty wide! He's so thick! He seems really powerful!"

"Then there's their playmaker, Kasuga" said Riko. "Those two third years are the core of their team"
"You're Kagami, aren't you?" I recognized that voice... Tsugawa... "Your hair's so red! Scary!"
"What?" said Kagami.

"Captain! This is the guy, right?" he yelled to their captain. "Seirin's really weak, but they have one strong guy!"
I rolled up my sleeves in anger and Tetsuya held me back.
He held me by my waist and I struggled. "Let me go, Tetsu. Let me teach that little brat some manners"

But their captain beat me to it.
"Quit messing around, you idiot" said Iwamura. "Sorry about that. This guy's socially inept, so he just says what he's thinking"
"You don't need to apologize" said Hyuga. "We're going to win. If you look down on us like you did last year, you'll end up in tears"

"That won't happen" said Iwamura. "Besides, we weren't looking down on you. You were just weak. That's all"
"What? Captain, you're not mincing words either" said Tsugawa.
"You idiot. I just don't sugar-coat my words" said Iwamura.

"Tetsu..." I said and he held me tighter.
"You can't" he said.
"Hey! I remember you!" shouted Tsugawa to me. "You were the cute manager, from Teiko, right?"

Suddenly all the eyes of their team were on me.
"Yeah" I said. "I was their medical manager"
They all relaxed, I wasn't a strategic planner like Satsuki, so I wasn't well known like her.

"Tetsu, you can let go of me now" I said. "I won't do anything"
His grip around my waist loosened and I missed the warmth his arms had given me.
I sighed and pushed the thoughts away.