꒰𝐤𝐚𝐭.꒱

to kento nanami,

to kento nanami,

ya' know i was pretty skeptical about you askin' me to move in to your apartment after our one year anniversary. with all honesty, i thought you were goin' to propose to me, but i guess movin' outta my parent(s) house didn't seem bad. they adored you very much and were happy that you were sweepin' me away from them. although it wasn't a proposal, it was a gift that made me happy. for you to want me livin' with you, put the biggest smile on my face. you were actually willin' to put up with me and my stubborn self and look at me in my worst states. what makes me laugh till this day is that i really believed for the longest that you askin' me to move in was the big move, but i was wrong. you were a sly man, covering up the proposal with that. women always talk about how a proposal and the wedding day are two days they could never forget. for me now, it's my proposal date and i could never forget it at all. how could i ever forget one of the best days that took place in my life.

i ain't think much of it because you usually cook me breakfast in the mornin', but this time it was different. you made me one big ass meal, and then gave me your card to spoil myself. at first i thought i was dreamin' because you always pay for me, but baby when you handed me that card? a bitch ain't know how to act for real! i got my hair and nails done, got a nice brazilian wax, and got a cute outfit. when i got home you left me a note on the counter and told me to get ready which i did.

the black dress that i brought, i wore it with my red bottoms. and till this day, i swear you have superpowers. there was no way that you just assumed that i was finished and you just came home when i was done. like it was either powers or cameras. you stood behind me, wearin' my favorite cologne on you. hands on my waist while you looked at me through the mirror. this was the first time i've seen you without your tie around your neck, which meant somethin' most definitely had to be going on.

then i remembered, it was my family dinner. once we were finished, we drove over to my parent(s) home where everyone's cars were outside. everyone was dressed nicely while they stared at me with either a smile or smirk. i knew i was that bitch, but damn everyone starin' at me? crazy. my parent(s) engulfing me into a hug while we joined the rest of the family.

it was like you were a brand new person. you finally came out of your shell while you were speakin' to my family, but that wasn't it. i can remember this part of that day so vividly.

"hey, i think i left my tie inside of your purse just in case i needed it. can you check?" you questioned while i nodded my head.

like the good girlfriend i am, i looked through my purse. but then i realized, you didn't put a tie in my purse. that's when i turned around and you were down on one knee, the way my hands flew over my mouth was crazy.

"you know i wouldn't have thought that i'd be dating you. on your first day, you sure knew how to make your presence known next to me. everyday i looked forward to seeing you because you kept me entertained at that boring job, and as much as we argue about me being vague with my responses, i actually spoke to you everyday. despite leaving to pursue the job i have now, we were still able to speak to each other and i'm glad we did. you have made me laugh and smile more in life, and i am so thankful for that. [your name], will you marry me?" you looked me in the eyes.

i was too busy cryin' to even respond, all i could do is nod my head while my family looked at me with laughter and awe. watchin' you slip that ring on my finger was so satisfyin'!

it is upsettin' that we won't get married, it is upsettin' that i wake up and you're not next to me, it is upsettin' that all of this happened so suddenly, and it is upsettin' that i won't be able to have these conversations with you. you became my other half, you were the ying to my yang. now i'm comin' to terms that you'll be here with me spiritually and it still doesn't feel the same.

i don't think there's anyone else in this world that i'd love more than you. you were and are irreplaceable. but you left me an unexpected gift that you probably weren't aware of. we've always talked about moving to malaysia together where we'd build a house, had children of our own runnin' around the front yard, you readin' all the books you never had the chance to read, and us enjoyin' our time as a family. now i understand that sometimes everythin' happens for a reason, but i'm not sure about this one.

kento nanami, my first true love, the man that i was supposed to be walking down the isle with, the father to our unborn child. i will always love you no matter what, and you'll be on my mind until the day i die.

love you always,
[your name]

꒰𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬🥲.꒱
this concludes my short story. i hope that you all enjoyed this, i promise i am working on the sequel. i don't want to spoil it, but i will be working on it. thank you to everyone who did show me love, i appreciate it and you.