Chapter 40: Lunchtime and something new

In Marinette's house, Tom, Mulan, Shang, and Mushu walked to the kitchen.

Shang: Think we'll close early?

Tom: We close at 3 on weekdays and on weekends, we close at 5.

Mulan: Why 5?

Tom: In case anyone wants to buy a treat last minute before the closing hour.

Mulan: Make sense.

Tom: I'll have lunch ready, you three relax.

Mulan: Need any help?

Tom: I got it from here. I'll let you know if I do.

Mulan: Okay. *She goes into the Livingroom, and Tom gets started on lunch.*

Tom: Hmm, what will they want for lunch? Guess some chicken salads for lunch will do, plus some dumplings too. *He gets the stuff for lunch and gets started.*

Mushu: Question: Are we closed or is this a midday close?

Mulan: No, Mushu. We're just closing for lunch, we'll be back out afterward.

Mushu: Oh, okay. *They watch a little TV.*

Meanwhile, at the Juicy Juice Bar, the others catch up after what happened. But, Adrien's phone buzzed. He gets it out. It's a message from Nathalie.

Adrien: Hmm.

N: Adrien, where are you? It's almost time to go to London.

A: At the Juicy Juice Bar.

N: Okay. We're on our way to get you. Your parents and aunt and cousin are at the Train station waiting for the train.

A: Okay. *He put his phone in his pocket.*

Adrien: Sorry, guys. I gotta go.

Lukas: Leaving already?

Adrien: Yeah. Hopefully, this trip won't be all day. Marinette, can I talk to you for a second?

Marinette: Uh, sure? *She get up and she and Adrien walked outside.*

Adrien: Do you mind holding on to this? *He takes his Wolf pendant off and lends it to Marinette.*

Marinette: Why? You're not going away long, are you?

Adrien: I don't know how long I'll be in London. Chances are I won't be in the next battle.

Marinette: Okay. I'll hold on to this until you get back.

Adrien: Thanks. *Marinette put the Wolf pendant in her purse. Soon, the car parked outside, Adrien saw the car and sighed.* Better get going.

Marinette: Don't worry, you'll be back. *Adrien grinned at Marinette.*

Adrien: Bye.

Marinette: Bye. *He goes to the car, Nathalie opened the door and slides down to the right and Adrien gets in the car and closes the door too. The car drove off, and Marinette head back inside the Juicy Juice Bar.*

Alya: What happened?

Marinette: He left.

Alya: Oh.

Zoe: (Now what will happen to our next battle?)

In Master Fu's house, Master F was going through the grimoire and he came to the aquatic miracle box.

Master Fu: Hmm. What's this? *He looked at the picture of the Seashell miracle box.*

*