2 | broken.

beomgyu, with a story to tell

BEOMGYU sat on the wood floor of this kitchen, his knees to his chest, burying his face in between them. tears stained his cheeks and wouldn't stop falling down, wetting the tops of his knees.

his home was silent, he was alone. he would scream and sob solemnly, not knowing what the true answer is. he wanted somebody with him 24/7, just for comfort, a sanctuary, a home for him. he was 19 years old, living alone, it wasn't easy for him.

now sobbing on the floor of his kitchen. his phone rested on the kitchen counter, messages from his friends would blow up his phone but he wouldn't care enough to stand himself up and reach for his cell phone.

oh how he wanted help. oh how a simple question like "do you want to talk?" or "how are you?" would leave him in tears, crouching to the floor, because in the end, he knew he would have to lie with two simple words:

i'm fine.

nobody knew about his intrusive thoughts that would leave him crying on his kitchen floor. nobody knew about his condition, they all knew nothing.

he never blamed them though, because he would never ask for help, no matter how much he needed it. it would take a while before he would open up, although it would be forced out of him.

he didn't want that. he was broken and lost. his thoughts would run through his mind nonstop, if only he could have a break.

that was until he heard knocks at his door. he ignored them at first, expecting them to leave so that he could continue to keep to himself and sob on his kitchen floor.

the knocks became more hopeless, as he sighed, looking up from his damp knees and wiping his eyes with his sweater's sleeve.

his hand grazed the doorknob as he looked through the key hole and with a small smile across his face, he opened the door.

he was welcomed to his four friends holding snacks in their hands that they would pick up from the convenience store. they smiled, but it soon dropped upon seeing beomgyu's red and puffy eyes, along with his blue jeans that were soaked from his tears that night.

beomgyu let them in, as they all settled on his couches, making themselves comfortable in his home. in all honesty, they are his home.

they all helped set the convenience store bags on the kitchen counter, sorting everything out into its place.

"we sensed something was wrong when you didn't reply to our messages" taehyun says, grabbing a bag of crisps and sitting on the couch next to hueningkai and yeonjun.

"sorry about that.." beomgyu says, sitting across from the three of them, next to soobin.

"it's nothing to apologize for, we just came to see if you're alright and we got an obvious answer" beomgyu gave the oldest a pained smile, as if it were forced.

"do you want to talk about it?" taehyun says, sitting up from his comfortable position into a more fitting manner for the topic they were on. beomgyu softly shook his head with a sincere face painted on him, he truly didn't want to talk about it.

"have you eaten yet?" yeonjun asked, leaning over the sofa and looking up at beomgyu who was facing across from him. beomgyu shook his head again, as the five of them got up from the couches and went into the kitchen.

they all sat their ingredients on the kitchen counter, as yeonjun stood by the open fridge, a face full thinking.

"are you guys in the mood for aglio e olio?" they all turned their faces to yeonjun, who was looking at the fridge.

"sure, as long as you don't make it" soobin laughed, receiving a death stare from yeonjun, who turned back to the refrigerator.

yeonjun closed the fridge as taehyun and hueningkai brought out cups of ramen for them all.

"let's just make it all in a pot and eat all together" taehyun suggested as they all agreed, sitting back on the sofas, turning on the television with yeonjun still making the ramen in the background.

"i'm so hungry—"

"good, starve." hueningkai said, sticking his tongue out at taehyun in a joking manner.

"are you seriously still bitter about taehyun ripping your plushie last month at the arcade?" yeonjun said from the kitchen, causing all of them to turn their heads in unison.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO IT!!" hueningkai held up his phone and showed taehyun a photo of his taped up plushie.

hueningkai rolled his eyes, looking back at the television, puffing his cheeks with air.

"next time we go, i'll buy you a new one, deal?" taehyun said, placing his hand out, as hueningkai eyed him before shaking his hand and conforming their deal.

"somebody come help me carry this pot" yeonjun yelled from the kitchen, as beomgyu quickly stood up and went to him.

"careful, it's hot at the edges, grab a towel to carry it" the both of them carried it to the living room table, as the other three were quick to remove anything that was in the way.

a few minutes later, they all sat to the ground, eating together will full investment in the show that was put on the television.

beomgyu looked around at the four, who were in tears at the heartbreaking scene in the show, constantly wiping their eyes with tissues, as he smiled to himself, glancing to their direction :

how could i ever ask for better friends in life?