Future Drama

"Wait what do you mean by that Flo?" I ask looking at my girlfriend. My heart was beating very fast.

"Little B, just because we both have things going on soon and with Covid making it hard for our families to travel, doesn't mean we can't get engaged." Flo explains looking at the ground looking unsure of herself now.

"Flo, are you serious?" I ask in a whisper now completely afraid that I scared her away from saying anything.

"Bailey Rushman I have never been so sure of anything in my life." Flo whispers looking back up to me, meeting my eyes. "I want to marry you." She states with a smile.

"I-I need a minute." I grab my phone, keys and wallet before heading out the front door. I got into my car going on a short drive.

I drove myself to the Preath apartment. I get out walking up to the apartment. I knock loudly on the door.

"Who is knock- Bailey? What's wrong?" Christen looks up at me. She ushers me inside closing the door behind me. "Christen who was at the do- Bailey why are you here?" Tobin asks coming to the hallway where the front door was.

"I realized that marriage was closer in Florence's mind than I originally thought. Like I want to marry her, but I turn 26 in December and she's 25." I look at Tobin slightly terrified. "I don't know how to feel about that. I just thought I'd still have time to like not be engaged. If that at all makes any sense to you." Tobin raises an eyebrow grabbing my arm pulling me towards the living room. She sat me down on the couch.

"Okay, you've been together for how many years now?" "7 and a half roughly." "Of that time how much have you been in love with her?" "7 years... why are you asking these questions?" "Did you see yourself marrying her?" She completely ignored my question. "Yes. Now what's your point?"

Tobin starts laughing. I narrow my eyes at her picking up a pillow throwing it at her head. She caught it right before it connects with her head. "Then why are you afraid of being engaged to her?"

I think for a moment looking at the ground. I start to play with my fingers. "Tobs, we've been together since our teens, she was and is my first love, she was my first, you know. I just get scared thinking that when we get older she's going to regret not being able to explore herself more during her experimental phase of life. Then she's going to end up hating me. And I don't think I can handle that. She wasn't my first girlfriend, but I was her first girlfriend and only girlfriend." I look up at Tobin. I'm pretty sure she could see the fear in my eyes of the fear of Flo regretting not being able to have the young experience by us being together for so long so young.

"Bailey, I'm sure she has a few fears, just like you do. And by you walking out on her conversation about the future probably is worrying the heck out of her." Tobin points out. "The biggest point of a healthy relationship is communication. And you two have great communication. Just go talk to her, not to us. She wants to know your fears." She explains sitting down next to me on the couch.

"You love her more than anything in this entire world correct?"

I nod slowly, because Tobin was right. I did love her more than anything in the entire world.

"Sometimes our fears are there to tell us something, and sometimes they are completely crazy. I have seen the way Flo looks at you, I've heard the way she talks about you. What you two have it's once in a lifetime. It only happens t very few in the world. That girl would move heaven and earth for you if you asked." Tobin states pulling me into a side hug on the couch. "She won't ever end up hating you, or regret marrying you. But I can't talk for her. You need to talk to her."

I sigh leaning into Tobin. I curl up into her as she just rubs my back silently. "I still just need a little bit of a breather before I head home." I state softly. Tobin nods turning the tv on to my comfort show. "Shhh. Don't tell my Marvel girlfriend that my comfort show is Supergirl." I whisper looking at Tobin.

She lets out a laugh looking at me. "You watch mostly because of Melissa Benoist, Katie McGrath and Chyler Leigh." I let out a little laugh. "You're not wrong. But it's actually still a good show. Just wish they had a higher budget for CGI."

Christen finally made her way into the living room with a glass of water for me. I suppose she was waiting until Tobin gave me her Heath advice.

"Thanks." I smile taking the water gulping some of it down.

"We are always here for you." Christen smiles before sitting down next to Tobin on the couch.

Okay, are they dating? Because sometimes they seem like it. And then others not. But I'm not going to question or ask them. I respect their privacy.

I guess I end up falling asleep at the Preath apartment because the next thing I know someone is carrying me down a flight of stairs to a parked car. "Flo, please take care of her. She's fearful and you two just need to talk about the situation." "I will don't worry. Thank you for taking care of her, and letting me know that she was safe. I don't know what I would do if something happened to her." The conversation seemed so far away as I was starting to stir awake.

"I'll drive her car down tomorrow morning. I'll have Tobin drive behind me and drive me back."

The conversation stopped and it was silent for the car ride home. Flo safely got me up the stairs to our room. She carefully laid me down as Billie our dog jumps onto the bed to snuggle up with me.

A little bit later I felt the bed dip beside me. I unconsciously roll myself over to cuddle up with Flo. Since she always calms me. I feel instantly relaxed and drift more off into a deep sleep.

The next morning I'm awoken by the sound of a soft voice near me. "Little B, I'm sorry that I scared you. I didn't mean to drop that bomb on you. I-I just. When I think about who I saw myself with in the future, when I was little, my mind couldn't ever think of anyone more perfect for me then you. You compliment me, in everyday things. You never seem to not make me smile, you are it for me. Always have been. I know that you are afraid of that because we've been together since we were young, but I think that when the time is right and the person is right, why does society choose that 18/19 is too young to be in love or know about forever? Yes, I just quoted One Direction." I hear her let out a small laugh. "When you met my family for the first time, they were sure that we'd be together for the rest of our lives. They have never seen me as relaxed and at peace as I have been in my entire relationship with you. You love me on my good days, and most especially, you love me on my bad days."

I open my eyes making eye contact with her. "Whenever you ask. I will say yes." I mutter softly with a smile. Flo let's out a breathy laugh after slapping my arm for scaring the shit out of her yesterday and this morning.

"I ran because I got scared, not of marrying you, because damn do I want to do that so bad. I ran because I was afraid that you would end up regretting marrying me because you never had a chance to be a young adult because the entire time we've been dating was that time."

Flo raises her eyebrows looking at me. "Would you regret marrying me because of that very same thing?" "No." "Then why did you think that I would?"

"Flo, I just have this irrational fear that you will regret not being able experiment with your sexuality because you've been with me this entire time. And you will end up hating me because of it." I whisper looking at the bed sheets, anywhere but at Flo.

"Little B, look at me." She gently guides my face up to meet hers, my eyes locking with hers. "Nothing in this world is going to make me regret marrying you. And I would especially not end up hating you because of it. I may be pansexual, but in my heart, I'd like to call myself Baileysexual."

I furrow my eyebrows before bursting out into laughter. Flo soon joins me. "I only find my soulmate once in a lifetime. And I got to find you when I was young. That just means I get to have you for lots of lifetimes." Flo smiles.

"I love you." "I love you too."

A/N: I know this is sort of short. It's a set up for the next chapter when something is about to happen.

Anyway, feedback is loved. I love reading comments about the things you loved or didn't really live throughout the chapter. Because it helps me write a better story. Since I can know what is working and what's not. Okay that's it. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

The next one will be longer.

And sorry for any typos. I'm multitasking of watching the Olympics and writing this.