09: Monthly hell ride

"Clarissa, if you don't open the damn door in the next five seconds I will knock it down

"Clarissa, if you don't open the damn door in the next five seconds I will knock it down." I breathe in and out as I hear Alejandro argue with Clarissa. I thought no one would be home. That it would just be me, the weekly book mom is making me read, and a nice cup of juice. And if I was feeling extra crazy, maybe even play some video games.

That did not fucking happen. Turns out the little brats came straight home after school. What a pair of losers.

I walk over to the bathroom to see what the whole commotion is about.

"Dude, she's been there for the last twenty minutes. The bathroom has only flushed once." Alejandro tells me. How he knows it's only been flushed once freaks me out.

"I'm disgusted by the fact that you pay attention to that," I respond to my dear brother.

"Clarissa, can you hurry up in there. Alejandro seems to be having one of his emergencies. I think he's suffering from his man period." The way to get past Clarissa is by being calm and sweet. Not being a bitch like Alejandro.

"See, she doesn't even respond!" He grabs his hair and pulls on it.

"Callate." We hear a voice from the bathroom. We both stay silent for a second and that's when I hear it. Oh please no. The gentle sobs and whimpers can only be noticed if you pay close attention. Is Clarissa crying? "You fucking moron, you made her cry!" I whisper shout.

"What? No, I didn't. Fuck. Mami is going to kill me." He says.

"She'll kill both of us, you big fat imbecile idiot." I know she will. Mother will kill me for letting Alejandro argue with her. And she'll kill Alejandro for making her cry.

"Bribe her with something!" My brother says. Both of us are still whispering.

"I don't have anything." I groan bumping my head into the nearest wall a few times.

Bump

Bump

Bump

I walk back to the bathroom door. "Clarissa, are you okay?" I ask once I'm able to hold myself from strangling Alejandro.

"No." Her voice is fragile. Like she's trying her hardest to sound strong and brave. My heart breaks for my baby sister.

"What's wrong princesa?" Alejandro uses her childhood nickname. It's one she's always loved being the little brat she is. I know for a fact she would prefer if we called her a queen or mi Reina.

"I- There's blood." Both our heads slowly move to the side until our eyes meet.

"Blood?" We whisper almost scared of the word.

"What do you mean there is blood?" I ask. I'm genuinely worried. Blood? Did she hit herself? Did she cut herself? Fuck. I'm so going to be six feet under soon. I'll see you soon Julia de Burgos, a famous Puerto Rican poet.