08: Don't disrespect him

You know, when I first realized what I was doing I had to take a moment to pinch myself cause I thought I was going crazy

You know, when I first realized what I was doing I had to take a moment to pinch myself cause I thought I was going crazy. I mean, here I was changing my free period to take some cooking class with a girl. Not just any girl, but Diana fucking Lewis. When you really think about it, you might wonder if I've lost my mind. Don't get me wrong, cooking class is all good and fun, but when your mother has taught you how to cook, you don't really need it.

But here I was, changing my only free period for this girl. I think Ms. Roberts' idea of creating a dish from different countries is unique. You get to learn about other cultures and their amazing food. Take Dominican Republic, their mangu is actually delicious. Last time I visited said island was on a business trip with my father. I think you can guess it was a really long time ago.

Diana and I met after school at her house. I had to make a small stop back at my house to grab all the ingredients and then head over to hers.

"Do you know how hard it is to find a coco here? We have to use canned coco." I tell her as I show her the cans I bought.

"There's a difference?" Diana takes a bite out of her granola bar.

"Ay señor. Of course there is. The flavor, the water. Everything changes Diana."

"Calm down flower." I smack the granola off her hand. The stupid nickname she has for me; I hate it. "What the fuck Miles."

"After you finish your little tantrum, I was thinking when we decorate the tembleque, we add chocolate drizzle. You know, like they do in restaurants." I say.

"I think caramel is better."

"You've never even tried the postre." I exclaim.

"One, stop saying things in Spanish." She holds one finger up. "Two, caramel looks more aesthetic."

Fuck the aesthetic.

"Uno, you need to learn Spanish." I mock her. "Dos, must you disagree with everything I say?"

"It's really fun, actually." She laughs. Music starts blasting... Is that- is that Why Don't We? Oh fuck no.

"Turn the basic boy band off. And hand me the phone." I try grabbing the phone from her, but she stands up and runs to the opposite end of the island. "Come on Diana. Hand over the phone." We're running circles around the island, the boy band music no longer affecting my ear drums.

"You're going to turn off my baby's."

"What do you mean your baby's? I'm your only baby, okay?" I tell her. 

"No you aren't. Not when you want to turn off my boys." Her boys? What the fuck is she saying.

"That's kind of the whole point. Turning them off." Diana loses her focus long enough for me to run up behind her. My arms wrap behind her as her torso leans forward.