01: From Champion to Gym Leader

A/N: HEY GUYS!! Welcome to my next pokemon story. I'm surprised I even 'finished' the other one.

Just so you guys know, 'Before I said 'I do'' isn't entirely over... or maybe it is. I'm not sure right now. I have placed it under completed, though, but if I decide to continue with that story I will add it back to uncompleted. 'Before I said 'I do'' is a prequel to this story. This story happens after Giovanni and Sylvia get married, after Sylvia 'leaves' Hoenn to stay in Kanto, and decides to live the more 'domesticated life' at the Rosso home. If the names get confusing you can always send a quick message about it. I won't mind. I may add a BIO page for them... or maybe not. We'll see. For now, if you want to know more about the characters in this story and how I plan on writing them, OCs or not, please read my first pokemon story about this young couple.

I will be placing this story under 'mature' very soon, since there are 'lemons' [aka a sexy scene or two] written into the story. Meh. I was in the mood to write smut one day. Oh well.

And just so we're on the same page, her real name is Sylvia, but she goes by the nickname of Silver. Angela is her codename and her alias in the Kanto-Johto area. To the public, she's known as Angela Sakaki, wife of Giovanni Sakaki, the Viridian City Gym Leader, but to everyone else, especially those who know her, she's Sylvia, sometimes called Silver. I think at this point in her life she's not using the nickname of Silver, anymore. Plus, once there's a bit of 'time disturbance' having two characters using the same name of Silver will get complicated.

And there's a reason why her nickname is Silver... and why Silver is named Silviano, and goes by Silver. Don't 'cha worry. We'll get to that eventually!

Also, in this pokemon timeline, I have Giovanni's nickname being Vinny, or Gio. Only Sylvia really calls Giovanni by the nickname of Vinny, since a, when they first met he introduced himself as Vinny, and b, it's her little sign of endearment.

I also wanted to play around with Giovanni and Sylvia's relationship. Sure, they're married, but that doesn't mean romance and such dies once you're married. I see Giovanni as the more romantic type. Who is always trying to woo her off her feet, though if he's more pansexual or just hetero, I'm not quite sure. I'm leaving that one up in the air, for now. Sylvia, however, as I was writing for my prequel story, the pokemon story I started off writing recently, I realized... maybe she's more of an aromantic then just bisexual. I don't like to limit my main character as a gal/guy who's only into one type of gender. That's not really my style, but the more I wrote about her the more I realized, maybe she's actually an aromantic? She doesn't mind the romance... but doesn't know how to respond to it, either. Just expects that Vinny is being romantic, even if he's not, or is confused when he is. It could be because of her past and her distrust for lovin' relationships... but it could also be that she just grew into someone who is unflirty. She doesn't mind flirting, doesn't mind the romance, but doesn't care about it either. Sex, though, she doesn't mind the physical intimacy, but the romance aspects, I've realized, maybe she's just missing out on that.

It's just a thought, though, and I kind of like that idea for her, so I'm going with that. Personally... I use my writing to convey my own ideas on my own sexuality. I know I'm probably bi, more leaning towards hetero then homo, but I never thought I was aromantic... but maybe I am? I enjoy the physical aspects of a relationship, if I can get over my damn shyness, but for some reason I can't quite take the hint when it comes to the romance side of a relationship. But I see this stuff as a spectrum, honestly. I swing more to one side then the other, but I'm not gonna cut myself off if an interesting relationship comes my way. Basically, what I'm saying here is that I wrote Sylvia a bit how I'd see myself in this situation, if I was a fiancée/wife to an Italian mob boss, and I realized... maybe I'm more aromantic then I thought?? Eh??? But that's just me.