Ch.21 A guest

Chapter 21

"Birdie, wait!" Nora wanted to tell the girl not to panic and just give her a second to explain.

"Is she....oh my god!" Birdie walked around the counter and looked After up and down. "It's a fey!"

Afet, too weak to understand anything happening, made a small whimpering sound in the back of her throat as her eyes adjusted on Birdie.

"You.....you're...." she held up her hand towards Birdie's thick silver hair.

"What's wrong with her?" Birdie took a step forward as she watched Nora struggling to hold Afet up.

"We need help," Nora said, balancing the fey on her shoulder and trying to hold up her weight. "Is your brother home?"

"Hayden isn't here," Birdie shook her head.

Her beautiful silver eyes were wide as saucers. She stared at Afet with wonder and curiosity, her feet slowly moving forward.

"Birdie, I need you to help me lay her down and then call Hayden," Nora said.

"Yeah..." Birdie couldn't take her eyes off of Afet's pointy ears.

"Birdie!"

"Sorry, sorry," the girl shook her head and stepped forward.

But as soon as she reached out to share some of Afet's weight with Nora, a force field appeared between the three. Birdie jumped back as Afet gasped and gripped Nota's hand.

"Birdie, go to your room," Heyder's voice was ice cold as he walked into the house with Ali.

"To her room?" Ali's eyes widened seeing Afet. "Send her to court. I'll have someone find Hayden and Maya and drag their asses there too."

"No, Baba. Wait!" Birdie turned towards her father.

"What the hell, Peanut?" Heyder turned his glowing silver eyes towards Nora trapped inside the force field. "You brought a fey into my house!"

"Mr. Heyder, we need help," Nora rushed. "Please just give me a minute to explain."

"Baba, it's a fey," Birdie pointed. "Look at her!"

"It's rude to point," Ali lowered the girl's pointing hand.

"Oh sorry," Birdie apologized.

"Nora, what is going on?" Small droplets of cold sweat began to appear on Afet's forehead as she stared at Heyder and Ali. "We have to leave."

"Not so fast," Heyder held up his hand. "You're not leaving until you tell me where the rest of you are hiding."

"No!" Afet began to panic. "Nora, open the portal right now."

"My house, my rules," Heyder stuck his hand through the force field and yanked the gold ring off Nora's finger.

"Mr. Heyder, please just listen to me for a second," Nora pleaded. "We mean no harm. We need help. Please, she's dying!"

"Baba, we have to help her," Birdie's worried eyes watched Afet grow paler.

"Ali, call the guards," Heyder said. "Have them bring the iron."

"No," Afet's voice shook.

She gripped Nora's hand with her weak cold fingers as her knees buckled. Nora wondered if she had made a huge mistake as she stared at the jinn standing on the other side of the forcefield. Her head began to spin as her eyes started to burn.

"Nora, I'm gonna need you to step away from her," Heyder held out his hand.

"No," Nora pulled Afet closer.