Chapter 10

Takeda sensei has announced to the volleyball club that they were joining the training camp in Tokyo along with Nekoma and other schools. The only problem was that they had exams before the summer training camp. Those who fail the exams will not be able to join the camp.

Kageyama, Hinata, Tanaka, and Nishinoya panicked at the announcement while Sawamura sighed. "As much as I want to deny it, we need these four idiots for volleyball."

Tori laughed at their state before ruffling Kageyama's hair roughly. "What are you even worried about? You always at least pass your exams since I teach you."

Kageyama's eyes lit up in realization as he nodded. 

"Do you get good grades, Tori?" Suga asked.

Before she could answer, Kageyama replied, "She passed Shiratorizawa."

Everyone's eyes widened in shock. "Shiratorizawa?!"

"Why are you here?!"

Tori laughed at their reactions. "I followed Kageyama."

"You gave up Shiratorizawa for him?!"

"Well, I promised to go to the same school as him," she said.

Everyone continued to stare at her in disbelief until Suga grabbed their attention. "How about Tsukishina teach Hinata then?"

Tsukishima frowned at his words. "No way I am teaching that dumbass."

Tori snickered at him. "I didn't know you were actually dumb. Not confident with your grades?"

Tsukishima glared at her. "There's no point in teaching him since he is dumb."

"Is that so?" She said with a smirk. "Then I don't think you have the right to call Tobio the solitary king. You are not willing to listen and help others."

Tori then turned to Hinata. "Hinata, I'll teach you along with Kageyama. We can study during lunchtime or in my house whenever we have time."

Hinata thanked her while Tsukishima continued to glare at her.

• • •

There were lots of difficulties in teaching Kageyama and Hinata, but Tori still managed to teach them with patience. At least they were trying to put effort to learn and remember the topics that are going to be part of the exams. 

As if to show how much effort they have put, both of them did not fail a single subject, meaning they are allowed to join the summer training camp. The three of them cheered in excitement as soon as they got their results. During the club period, the upperclassmen were impressed that everyone passed. It was a relief that no one gets left behind.

• • •

Karasuno has finally arrived in Tokyo. Everyone was excited to have practice matches and training with the other schools. They followed Kuroo and Kai, who were out to guide them. 

Karasuno was having a hard time trying to win a set against their opponent. However, this opportunity allowed them to learn what are their weakness that they have to improve and what were their strengths. 

There were some arguments between Hinata and Kageyama. It was hard to break their argument since both of them were against each other's opinions greatly. However, the coach managed to break them apart by saying to talk about the topic later and he will also try to think of a solution.

Regardless of that, everything was going quite smoothly. Since everyone was determined and focused on their training, the day went by in a blink of an eye. The managers prepared dinner for everyone, but there were some members who were still practicing that Tori volunteered to go fetch them. 

The first member she found was Kageyama who was practicing his toss by himself. Tori smiled before jumping onto his back. Kageyama was startled by her sudden appearance and actions, but he immediately wrapped his hands around her thighs to catch her before she falls. "Tori, don't do that! What if I dropped you?!"

"But I know that you won't," Tori said as she tightened her arms around him.

Kageyama blushed at her words as he slowly placed her back to her feet. "What are you doing here?"

"Dinner is ready! It's your favourite!" She smiled. "Curry!"

Kageyama's aura brightened at her words as he quickly cleaned up the gym to head for dinner. Tori laughed as she helped him before trying to go off to find the other members as well. "Well, why don't you go first? I still have to look for the others."

Kageyama grabbed her hand before she could take a step. "I'll join you."

"You don't have to," she shook her head. "You must be hungry after all that training."

"It's fine," Kageyama insisted that they ended up going together.

Soon they found the other members: Akaashi, Kuroo, Bokuto, and Tsukishima. She knocked on the open door loudly to grab their attention. "Sorry to interrupt, but dinner is ready!"

She then turned to Tsukishima with a look. "What are you doing here? I thought it was just a club activity? I didn't expect you to do extra practice. Did you hit your head or something?"

Tsukishima was about to retort back but instead stomped out of the gym. Tori scoffed at him before turning back to the other members. "You guys should hurry before the food gets cold."

Soon all of them have arrived at the kitchen to have their dinner. 

As Tori was going for her plate, she tripped on something and was about to fall flat on her face. She instinctively closed her eyes, waiting for the pain and embarrassment to come. However, she felt two strong arms holding her tightly before she could do so. Tori slowly opened her eyes to see Kuroo looking at her in shock. "Are you okay, Tori?!"

She nodded as she felt her heart still beating fast at her almost sudden fall. "Thank you, Kuroo-san."

When she stood up straight, Kuroo's worried eyes altered into playfulness. "Don't worry about it! I'm always there to catch you when you fall!"

Tori laughed at his words and was about to reply, only to be interrupted by someone hugging her from behind. She turned her head to see Kageyama glaring at him. "Tobio?"

Kuroo looked at Kageyama in confusion. "Oya? Is he your boyfriend, Tori?"

"No," she shook her head, regardless of the pang in her heart. "We are just best friends."

Kuroo smirked at her reply. "So that's how it is."

"What is?" Tori asked in confusion.

"Nothing~" Kuroo chuckled before grabbing his plate.

Tori turned her face back to Kageyama. "Until when are you planning on holding me? Aren't you going to eat?"

Kageyama did not say anything but tightened his arms around her. 

"Tobio? Are you feeling unwell?" She asked in concern.

Kageyama was surely acting weirdly right now. Sure she doesn't mind him hugging her, but it was usually her who hugs him. As her concern for him grew, that was when he finally let go of her before grabbing his plate to get his share. Tori watched him in confusion but decided to drop the topic.