Amelioration

Gura's P.O.V.

"Stop Crying! Oh my god! Stop. Why the hell am I so emotional? Uhhh."

Running through the city, thoughts about the past and present things that happen is making me feel this way. Emotions range into the negatives and all things bad. If I can't overstate how I'm feeling enough, these tears of mine are not helping, like, at all. Like, no sheesh. Getting told those things. My mother is a very bad person, and she killed my first mother. Out of what? Jealousy? Sensitivity to her for things I didn't know of? Some recently discovered bad feelings? I don't know. The reality is, I can't know without asking him. The problem is, he's not here right now. Oh, no. It's happening again.

"It can't be helped. It really can't be helped. My father died after all."

The tears were unstoppable. I have no control over them. Even if, I was supposed to be a strong Predator that all must be feared by. My father told me these words and others that inspired feelings of negative things towards other people. Me, a shark, wasn't grown with sad emotions. Only happiness and the lust of a fight. I don't know if this is a revelation, but being this emotional is something that I've never known until I felt it. In the events of the fight, fleeing from the scene, I truly was hesitant to look back to the Sea. My curiosity wasn't all that interested, but it happened to see something. A small glimpse of what maybe something I shouldn't have seen. It fuelled my emotions as I spoke words of grief and sadness.

I'm still looking for a place to sort out my thoughts. In that state, I don't know if I could save myself or if someone could save me. My confusion is running around in my brain like a playhouse with all my negative emotions forcefully taking along with them for the night. I wasn't good at feelings, so even more just came out. I was a broken dam with my tears and my confusing emotional distress. Me, the shark, wasn't feeling all that well today.

***

As I continued running, I suddenly came to a stop. As I did, I sorted out my thoughts about this area. I've passed countless areas until it caught my eye. I could have gone into a building with a shelter over my head, a desert construction site or some outside park bench to take in the view. This area in some way was not anything different. Something about it met my needs, even though there was nothing particularly special about it. It was narrow, dark and smelled kinda funny. I don't like smelly things, that's for sure, but I went in there anyway. It wasn't a big deal to say the least, but the atmosphere was just right. Not that I liked dark places, it was perfect for crying reasons and serious ones.

I went into the alleyway away from the streetlights. Just like many others, it was an alleyway, like anywhere else in the city. Faint lights reached me as I went slowly and carefully walked to the back of it. Over garbage, over cardboard boxes and over broken glasses. Along the way, the air was getting better as I reached the back of it. A wall taller than an average house reached up high into the sky. With almost nothing around, I took a seat, crouching down, hugging my legs together. In this alleyway, I did a lot of thinking, and also softened the burden myself if I could.

"Ok. Ok."

Reassuring myself, I think I'm going to be here awhile. Thinking over everything about our family and other people related to us, not by blood. The future was going to be a lonely one for me, knowing I lost both of my parents.

***

Thinking over and over, I almost reached the end of my thought process. The last of my thoughts were about Ina, my sister.

Is she even my sister now?

Looking at my left hand, I flip it from the backside to the front side. Closing it to create a fist, and after popping out one of my fingers. My pinky finger. Ina and made a promise to see each other from the fight our parents were having. As I wondered, will she be ok? I haven't heard a word from her. We were not psychic, but it would be a lot of help if we were. Her safety is a priority, with no older or younger sister responsibility established between us. Besides that, her bad jokes and sometimes dark behaviour threw me for a loop when I was off my guard. Putting her behaviour aside, we were connected despite coming from different parents.

"I wonder, will she come back? I hope she's okay."

***

The last of my tears weren't reaching their end. The waterfall is as they were before, now it is a calm river running through a mountain. They were both never-ending. As stupid as it sounds, there was.

"Gura?"

They both end up in the ocean. The place I live, the place I grew up in, my home. That goes for every place that has water on land. When they reach the ocean, it eventually ends. To me, their journey was a new beginning. So, with that imaginary thought, someone came from behind and tapped my shoulder. I slowly turn around, and they dove right into the ocean of tears on my face. They rubbed their face against mine, consoling me with my emotions. With each hand gripping around my body as they wrapped, I cried even more. Not because I was sad, it's because I was happy.

"Everything is going to be okay. You're not alone in this world, Gura. You have us, remember?"

I wept. I wept. For the longest time, I wept. It was an emotional recovery. Positive in every light. This person controlled time and space itself. Wearing a detective uniform with a hat of the old school detectives, she rubbed my body slowly with care to her every touch. Hope inspiring. Heavenly swaying. Everything about them, I loved just like the others, obviously, not so equally like them. Her words, I hang on to everyone, all of them, which are going to my heart.

"Are you alright?"

"No, stay longer, Ms. Impatient."

"I wasn't going anywhere, though. Since we're here, how long?"

"An eternity will do just fine."

She laughed nervously.

"That's... a long time."

"All you have is time, Watson. You're eternal with that watch of yours."

"I'm not too sure about that, but yeah. Let's go with that."

"Let's say it is. It is, right?"

Another nervous laugh.

"Yeah."

***

Some time has passed. Her tone got a lot more serious when I was starting to feel better about her company. Just having her around for this long in my life makes me want to do strange things with her. Some things like making her some tail stew from that dragon anime but shark version, or like making her pet my tail from that one anime about a fox girl doting on one of her ancestors' children. Following that, I'll do the same thing she does. Introduce some low-key innuendos when it wasn't anything lewd at all. It seems like it, but it is a perfectly normal thing to do with an animal.

Hey! It's the same thing but different. Same-difference. Different-same. See? Makes sense.

"Gura, there's something I'm not sure how to tell you. Can you come with me for a bit?"

"O...okay..."

I followed her lead. Holding onto a hand by her, she slowly raised me up from the ground. Then I walked slowly behind her, basically trailing her step. From the few gestures, and avoiding eye contact with me, I noticed a painful look on her face, struggling to hide her emotions. It was something I've rarely seen from her.

Our journey to the location was a quiet walk with not so much a word nor any playful interactions. Whatever happened was serious. Whatever it was, I hope my heart won't shatter into a million pieces.

"Stop being such a cry baby. What the fufufufu heck!"

I really hope Ina is okay.