Ordinary Girl

Ina's P.O.V.

A... Wah?

I wasn't like this before. I was just an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life. My family did everything for my upcoming in life. I was happy.

I started my day like ordinary. When I woke up, I stretched like my life was dependent on it, then the yawning came afterwards. Even with all that preparation, I still felt tired. I wondered why. I scheduled my periods of sleep like normal. Maybe it's the "not wanting to wake up" part. Yeah. I do be like that. I did my morning routine of getting out of my bed. Happily, because I was in a good mood. This is ordinary. Singing my favourite songs, I brushed my hair along with the rest of my activities. This was also ordinary. I looked at the clouds from my bathroom window. What I saw were clouds. Every shape they made was unique. I love looking up at them in the morning, especially with the sun peeking through them. We weren't playing hide-or-seek, but It found me every time, showing me the world in its beautiful array of colours. It was the literal highlight to the start of my day.

"La-la-la~"

Jogging down the stairs in my school uniform, I heard chatter from my family in the kitchen. The conversations were random. Teasing also played a part in them. Enhancing the topic, my sister pointed out how useless I was. She was also that as well. The fairness in her claims holds no bounds to her round-a-bout arguments. If anything, she got gorilla hands to anything she touches. This was a fact. I joined the conversation by sitting down next to her and saying what I just thought while I ate my breakfast. She went quiet all of a sudden. Well, well. I'm glad I arrived when I did. If they talked about how late I was for breakfast for "who knows" what time in a row, I'll be the one going quiet. I don't have much going on in terms of activities, so I'll be grimacing inside if they bring that up again.

First to come. First to leave.

My sister was still eating breakfast, if you could call it that. Swirling the fork around her veggies was going to make them disappear. My mom pleaded with her. She caves inwards. How long will this faze continue for her, only time will tell. I slowly walked to the front door to put on my school shoes. I stretched once more. Then, I spun around in my cute uniform. It was neat, as it was the night before. I flip my hair to the back of my head, highlighting the length of which it was now. I'd put on little make-up, not so much the school will call me out for it. Furthermore, I was just an average girl with the look of the ordinary. Nothing was overdone about my appearance. Heading off to school through the front door of my house, I said goodbye to my mom, dad, and sister in the kitchen. My mom was preparing my dad lunch for the day while he was reading the daily newspaper. He looked from it when I was about to leave for the day. He spoke in a concerning voice.

"Where is your school bag?"

"Ehh?"

I spun around, but this time it was not as cute as before. I did it due to the state of emergency. My mom put on a womanly smile while my sister snickered to herself for the act I was doing. It looks like I wasn't fully awake after all.

***

Twelve P.M., It was lunchtime. I don't have much going on in the friend department, or friends at all for that matter. So, I went to the cafeteria by my lonesome. At home, I was a wholesome child to my family, but at school, all the cuteness vanished in the blink of an eye. On were my nerdy glasses, twintails on both sides of my head and drawing materials under my arm. I was more of a freak for drawing in other people's eyes. There was no appeal to speak of. There was, but that was an act. I wasn't all that cute for other people, but for my family, I made a deliberate attempt to do so. Every step I take to school is just me retreating into myself. I wasn't anyone special. Just your everyday ordinary girl.