Dream only chuckled, shaking his head with a fond smile on his face. "Yeah, but that's just George! He's a little awkward and quiet, undoubtedly, but he's a sweet person once you get to know him," he giggled out an explanation to Fundy over the phone, playing with the charm on the end of his necklace with a twinkle in his eye. It was a present that George had given him on his sixteenth birthday - a promise that they would always be close friends. Silver locket which shimmered in the light, a sign that it was well kept and cherished by the youngest of the pair.

Dream had expected a positive reply back, wanting to hear his boyfriends approval of his best friend, but oh was he wrong.

Fundy cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck (which Dream couldn't see, of course). "I don't know... seems quite snobby of him, if you ask me." Dream furrowed his brows. Fundy continued: "He thinks you'll just follow him around like a lost puppy all the time, waiting on him hand and foot. It's a classic trick I've seen happen to all my friends before." the red-head observed, making Dream pause with fiddling with the charm resting on his chest.

The blonde found it difficult to wrap his head around - his childhood friend manipulating him? Sweet, brown and blue eyed George? The boy who would always sit on the bench at school, reading his books about looking for bears, boys who could fly, fairies and talking animals... was he capable of manipulating his best friend?

"I'm not too sure about that, Funds..." He murmured, bottom lip slipping between his teeth as he began to chew the dry skin off.

Fundy let out a huff that was close to annoyed - "I know what I'm talking about, I wouldn't ever say this about someone I don't know if I wasn't sure about it!"

---

Fundy had convinced him that night - George was a manipulator.

He was sly, snobby and rude - his whole 'wallflower' act was just a cover-up. Of course, it was difficult for Fundy to convince Dream about this - the blonde defending the brunette in every way possible, getting angry to the point of yelling at one point before sinking down on the floor of the dorms bathroom to cry his heart out. It was difficult for Dream to accept the fact that his childhood friend was just using him all this time, and it still was, that's why he was being extremely cold now.

If he wasn't hurt as much as he was, he would've gone about this in a much more civil manner - maybe sit his ex-friend down and talk things through, explain why he was cutting him off, but no. Dream had to keep his guard up - Fundy had warned him that if he acted vulnerable, George would take advantage of him again.

"I know what you're like, George. Don't play all innocent with me - not when you've been lying to me all these years!" Dream raised his voice more, causing a few people around the group to stop their dancing, attempting to eavesdrop on the drama that was sparking between the supposed 'inseparable besties' of the campus.

They noticed how the much taller boy practically towered over the brunette, saw how George was practically quivering like a leaf - most likely from feeling unsafe with a 6'2 muscular guy shouting at him.

George bit his bottom lip, so hard he felt as if it was going to draw blood. He didn't know why he was taking all of this so harshly, and he didn't understand all these new feelings he was suddenly realising. All the time that Dream was yelling at him, sure he felt intimidated and horrible by being accused of these things, but he started to have an underlying thought. His eyes would trace over his friends features, taking in his sun-kissed skin, the faded freckles that dusted his cheeks and down his neck, his droopy viridian eyes which sparked with resent for the elder, and his fluffy blonde hair which George loved the feel of so much.