It was already late — or early — when Aizawa came back from his vigilance. The apartment was quiet and immersed into darkness. Through the window, the moon shined with a timid glow outside, it's subtle rays of light illuminating the tatami floor with a cold and melancholy hue.

Y/n wasn't at the living room where he'd left her so, slowly, the male direct himself to his bedroom noticing the shoji doors were open. Inside he saw the silhouette of the girl laying on the futon without blankets. She was shrunken and shaking a bit while her moonlight bathed face contorted in what seemed to be pain or fear. A nightmare was probably disturbing her sleep.

Worried, Shota entered the room silently and touched her arm slightly noticing how cold her skin was. Despite being soft, his touch appeared to be felt by the girl since she jolted but then immediately stopped shaking and her features finally relaxed. Y/n turned around and for instants he feared he had woken her up. Her eyes, however, remained closed and her breathing pattern became less erratic.

He sighed in relief but stopped when noticed the wet traces on her face, from her eyes to the bottom of her cheeks. Wavy marks like running water.

She'd cried.

Aizawa stared at her for a few minutes; in the end covering the girl with the blanket.

"Don't be tough with yourself." his voice cut the silence despite being said in almost a whisper. "There was nothing you could have done. I was there and I couldn't save him."

Y/n didn't answer or gave any signs she'd heard him. He didn't mind, being glad she now seemed to be having a tranquil sleep.

Checking her one last time, he left the room closing the shoji door behind.

The following morning, she woke up with a warm feeling on her face. Opening her eyes slowly Y/n saw the morning sun through the window, its rays bathing her skin with a smooth light, but sufficient to wake her up.

She got up and spread her arms like a cat feeling her joints extend and her sore muscles complain. A little dizzy the girl looked around, absorbing the plain, though comforting, appearance of Aizawa's room.

"Last night surely sucked..." she murmured remembering crying herself to sleep with a broken heart, only to be tormented by nightmares.

The hint of those nightmares could still be felt, even though she didn't remember them, and so could the pain but crying her eyes out the previous night did help to soothe it. Now, with her mind clearer, she could think straight.

Oboro...

The image of him grinning showed up on her thoughts.