Chapter 40: Adamantine

Magsimula sa umpisa

Comet Spa and Resort is a private membership wellness leisure place na pag-aari ni Wilhelm Karl Kolz. They allowed to close the whole resort for the wedding which should have cost us a lot but he wouldn't let us pay. We fought for it because they're closing the whole place for us. In the end we agreed with doing halfsies.

Nahugot ang hininga mula sa akin nang huminto ang sinasakyan namin na karwahe. My heart started beating fast when I saw the chapel in front of us.

It's surrounded by huge trees standing proud around the sacred place. The chapel itself look stunning with its unique glass structure and wooden borders making it look open and romantic what with the light coming from the stars and moon reflecting on it. It looks like it came straight out of a page of a story book.

My mom gave my hand another squeeze. "Ready?"

I smiled at her before I turned to my father. "You're not going to convince me to change my mind?" I was expecting his usual jokes but instead his lips just curved up into a small smile. His eyes are telling me that he's happy for me but his actions are showing me the sadness behind it. "Daddy..."

Walang salita na dumukwang siya sa direksyon ko at marahang inilapat niya ang labi niya sa noo ko bago siya naunang bumaba. My father is not a quiet person. Even during serious situations he always find a way to lighten up the mood.

"It's okay, Belaya," my mother whispered.

Inabot ko ang kamay ni Daddy na naghihintay sa baba. Inalalayan niya ako hanggang sa naramdaman ko ang mga paa ko na umapak sa lupa. He reached for my mom after to help her get down too.

"Dad..."

Bumuntong-hininga ang ama ko at inangat niya ang kamay niya para marahang tapikin ang ulo ko. "You'll understand us someday, sweetheart. How something beautiful can be painful at the same time that it makes you happy."

"I love you, Daddy." His eyes flashed at that but he didn't look away from me. "I never thanked you and mom for being the best parents that a child could ever ask for. Kayo ang rason kung bakit hindi ako napagod na hanapin ang bagay na makakapagpasaya sa akin. I grew up watching the love you have for each other and it taught me to never stop finding that same love. I fell in love in this life thrice... with Jackson, with Pierce, and with you. Because I might have found them but you will always be my first love, Daddy."

I turned to my mom but before I can speak, she raised her hand to stop me. "I know you love me but I don't want to cry right now, Belaya Lawrence."

Napapangiting yumakap ako sa kaniya dahilan para mapahugot siya ng hininga. It didn't take long before the arms of my father went around us. Nang maghiwalay kami ay nakita kong kagat ng ina ko ang ibabang labi niya habang nagniningning ang mga mata niya sa luhang ayaw niyang pakawalan.

"You're so going to cry later, Master," my father said, teasing her with the nickname he used to call her before.

"Shut up, Monster."

We started walking towards the chapel kung saan kita kong isa-isa ng pumapasok ang mga entourage. Which is a lot since I have a huge family and almost all of them are bridesmaids and groomsmen.

"Mom!" Tumatakbong lumapit sa amin si Kuya Ram. "Dala niyo po?"

Bahagya siyang pinaningkitan ng mga mata ng nanay namin. "Yes. Anong binabalak mo?"

"Just securing Kuya Cross and I's bachelor selves."

Bago pa ako makapagtanong kung anong ibig niyang sabihin ay may kinuha siya na dalawang bracelet mula kay mommy. One has a blue stone and the other one has pink. Inabot niya sa akin ang kulay pink. "Ibigay mo 'yan kay Mireia, okay? Siguraduhin mo na isusuot niya."