Chapter 13 - Savior

Start from the beginning

"I'm already shining more than a gold, uncle."Inalis ko ang pagkakahawak niya sa'kin at saka tumalikod paalis."And one thing, stop calling me that name. You know how much I hate being called like that," I added as I walk away, not minding the stares that they threw on me.

'Zekiah, pabili nga ng tubig sa baba. Bilisan mo ah'

'Zek, can you do all of my assignments? Please?'

'Sorry, Zekiah. We already have partners eh, next time na lang'

Natigilan ako nang maalala ko ang isa sa mga memoryang pinaka-ayaw kong maalala. I closed my fists, remembering how they treated me like an animal before. Like how they used to bully me and how they treated me not as their friend but their slave. They're fucking bullshit! How I wish I'm always like this in my whole life. Kase kung gano'n, hinding-hindi nila ako matatapak-tapakan.

"Couz, are you okay? Don't mind it, hindi naman sinadya ni uncle eh." She caressed my hair and guided me to enter my car.

May sinabi pa siya sa'kin at tanging pagtango lang ang nagawa ko. She bid goodbye to me as we parted ways to go home. She said that she can't accompany me to Lolo's house because she had to do a lot of things. Pumayag lang ako dahil hindi rin naman ako magtatagal do'n.

"Hi, Lolo. I bought something for you."

When I got home, mom's not yet here so I just went upstairs to change my clothes. I tied my hair into a bun and went to the kitchen to find something to eat. I'm craving for carbonara so I went to the nearest store in our house to buy some ingredients. I know how to cook in my own. Natuto ako no'ng mga araw na gusto kong ipagluto si Cy---I mean si mommy.

"Ingredients for a carbonara, faster."

She immediately gave me the plastic with the ingredients inside."It costs 3, 800 maam."

"Here. Keep the change." I gave her five thousand pesos and left their store.

Pagdating ko do'n sa bahay ay agad kong nilapag ang lulutuin ko sa mesa at naghugas muna ng kamay. I prepared everything before I started to cook because mom might arrive a few minutes from now. Nang kumulo na ang sauce ay tinikman ko ito para malaman kung okay na. When I'm finally satisfied on the taste, I closed the cover to cool down. Sinunod ko naman kaagad ang pasta para makakain na ako.

"Hey, anak! You're already home. Wait, ano ang amoy na 'yon?"

I walk towards her to gave her a kiss on her cheek."It's carbonara mom. I miss cooking and I'm also hungry so I just cooked. Good thing you arrived, I was about to eat."

"Oh really? Good for you, anak. I also missed your cooking skills so I'm excited to try it," she answered happily.

We started to eat and talked for some things. She's been busy for this past few days because of the projects that she accepted. Makatutulong din daw 'yon sa company dahil mga bigatin ang nakikipagsosyo kay mommy. I'm also happy for it...for her. At least we did it without the help of guys.

May biglang nag-door bell sa labas kaya nagkatinginan kami pareho."Who was that, mom? Do you have any visitor?"

"No, anak. Wala namang may sabi sa'kin na pupunta rito."

I immediately stood up to open the door and when I saw that it was a guy, I closed the door. Narinig ko ulit ang doorbell pero hindi ko na pinansin at bumalik sa dining room para kumain. Is it her suitor...again?!

"Who was that? Bakit hin---"

"It was a guy, mom. Tell me, did you entertain suitors again?!" I asked seriously and put my plate aside because I lost my appetite again.