Deena and Kate walk up behind me. " You see? It's the witch. Sarah Feir's back." Kate says.
" Oh, Christ. Not you too." Deena rolls her eyes. I love Deena but sometimes I don't understand how she doesn't believe all this witch shit. It just makes sense. We laugh and walk towards the girls bathroom. The bell rings as we walk in. " Woah. What the hell happened in here?" I ask. " She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves!" Kate reads. I laugh. I was mad about Heather but we weren't really friends and there was nothing I could do. " She'll take your blood!" " Simon!" Deena yells." She'll take your head. She'll follow you until your dead!" He finishes.
" Wow! You guys are dicks!" Deena says. " it's just fun." Kate smiles. " Yeah Deena! " I laugh.
" The dude was wearing a Halloween skull mask! How is that not fun?!" Simon smiles at me. I smile back agreeing with him a little.

" People died. Heather died. The dude was probably just some sad sack who hated his life, just like the rest of us, but instead he decided, " Hey, why don't I just get out of here got good? And, " Hey why don't I just take Heather and a couple of other all rats with me?" Theres no angry dead witch who made him go postal. The only thing that made him go crazy is this town!" She yells.

" Are you okay?" I ask. " Yeah I'm fine!" She yells. " Seems like maybe you got a little witch in you." I mumble. Kate laughs. " Dude, what are you even doing in here? This is the girls bathroom." Deena asks Simon changing the subject. He opens a stall and grabs a small red laced box. " Candy store." He says. " You know we don't believe this witch shit, right?" Kate says, laughing. " I do. But of course no one ever listens to me." I roll my eyes. " You do?" Simon and Kate ask. " No of course not." I laugh.

" See? It's just like fucked up Santa Claus or something." Kate says. " Ho, Ho, Ho!" Simon laughs. Deena hands Kate a box. " What's this?" She asks. " I need you to give this to Sam tonight." She says. " Yeah, no way." Kate laughs. " Come on, Kate!" Deena argues. " No way Deena. I'm not getting mixed up into your ex drama. Do it yourself." Kate says laughing.
" I'm not going to the game anyway. I quit band." Deena sighs. " Since when?" Kate asks giving me a look. " Since who gives a shit!" Deena yells.

" Well you still have your band uniform right? Just wear that shit one last time." Kate says.
" We've got something that might give you the balls to face Sam." I smile as Kate opens the box. "Wait? You guys are dealing again? I thought you guys stopped after this dingus's brother OD'd." Deena asks us. " Timothy?" Kate asks." Timmy wasn't a real OD. He didn't actually die. They brought him back." I say smiling at Simon. " You're both morons." Deena scoffs rolling her eyes. " Excuse me? Which one of us is valedictorian, again? You know, president of every club this shithole has to offer." I laugh. " We're getting out of here. Off to claim our place among the starts, bitch." Kate says smiling at me. " Whooo! The witch lives! Long live Sarah Feir!" A boy yells running down the hall dragging a doll attached to a string. " Yeah!" Simon yells. I roll my eyes and start walking to class.

" Before tonight game, out of respect for last nights tragic events, Sunnyvale will host a candlelight vigil for the victims. All player, cheer and band attendance is mandatory." The coach yells. I roll my eyes and look at Kate. I make hand guns and pretend to shoot myself.

I sit on the bus in the middle of Kate and Simon. I hate being a cheerleader so much. I honestly just do it for Kate. We are just waiting for a few people to get on before we leave for Sunnyvale. I haven't slept for like 2 days trying to get my dumbass school shit done. I hate school so much. I can't wait to get out of Shittyside. I was thinking so much I hadn't even noticed that I had feel asleep on Kates shoulder.

~ about 30 minutes pass ~

" Hey dude wake up." I hear Kate whisper. " Oh hey is it over yet?" I ask trying to wake up.
" Sadly not. You can't sleep just through it like last time. You know I can't go without you." She smiles and grabs my hand pulling me up. I expected her to let go but she didn't. I blushed as we kept walking.

" This isn't how I wanted to be here tonight. I wanted to be here as a fan. Our Sunnyvale Devils and your Shadyside Witches trowing down some good American football. Instead I find myself here as a husband, a father, as a neighbor. And, yes, mayor of Sunnyvale. And behalf of all the people in my town, I say all of Sunnyvale mourns with you." He pauses.

I look at Kate. " You really buying this shit?" I ask. " Yeah it looks like they really give a damn. The only Sunnyvalers who came are the ones that had to. " She says. " The football team and the cheerleaders." I finish.

" My family has been in Sunnyvale for generations, and now my brother is mayor, and I am your sheriff. We've prospered here. And yet, I've seen you, our neighbors in Shadyside, suffer tragedy, after tragedy. It's easy in times like this to drown in questions of why... why this happened. But I know to well there are no answers that will provide relief. There's no peace found in the past. We must not fall into darkness. We must look into the light." Officer Goode finishes.

" Yeah. What we should do is light a fuse and burn down Shittyside." A Sunnyvaler says. I look at him.
" What'd you say?" I ask. " I said it ain't a tragedy when it happens every week. It's a joke." He says, stepping closer to me and Kate. " Say that again motherfucker!" I yell pushing him back. He kinda falls but not much. I look back at Kate kinda regretting what I just started. He looks back at me punching me back. Kate pulls me back and pushes some other random Sunnyvaler in front of me causing him to get punched. " Hey you okay?" Kate asks pulling my trough the croud. " Yeah I think so that shit hurt like hell though." I sigh. " Hey its okay what you did was so badass. I just didn't want you to get hurt." She smiles at me. I smiled back, blushing.

" Pieces of shit!" Kate yells.
" Yeah!"
" They think they can do whatever they want!"
" No!"
" They ruin our vigil, Then go waltzing back to their mansions, like we're some reject pile that they can step on!" She yells louder.
" Well we are not the reject pile." I yell.
" Yeah!"
" This shit ends tonight." I yell louder.
" Yeah!"
" What are we gonna do!?" Simon yells
grabbing my shoulders.
" We're gonna go kill those preppy assholes!" I yell.
" Yeah!"

I smiled sitting next to Kate and Simon while people chanted our names. I love yelling. This is great.

" When I say Shady you say Side!" Simon yells.

" Shady!"

" Side!"

you get the point.

" Guys come here! Come here!" I hear Deena yell. I quickly run over there. " Holy shit." I whisper. Seeing that asshole that punched and and a bunch of other Sunnyvalers following us quickly behind the bus. " You've got to be kidding me!" Kate yells.
" Hey, isn't that, uh-"
" Sam." Deena cuts off Simon. " Where you going pussies?!" A boy yells throwing another bottle at the back window. Simon quickly pulls down his pants and moons the car behind us. I try not to laugh as I watch. " Sunnyvale sucks!" He yells. " Yeah!" I scream. " Open the door!" Deena yells. Kate hesitates but quickly opens the back door. " This is definitely a good idea right guys?!" Kate asks. " Hell yeah!" I yell holding the other side of the cooler. " On three okay?" Deena says. " Are you sure?!" Kate asks.
" One... Two.." Deena starts. " Deena!" I gasp as she looks at me, causing me to let go of the cooler.
" Your nose!" I yell. She gasps and lets go. I freeze as I watch the cooler fall onto the car behind us. The car swerves and crashes on the side of the road.
" Stop! Stop the bus!" Deena yells.

word count: 2411