1994 chapter 1.

This is a song you can listen to while you read this chapter! ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Sophia's pronouns: she/her
this font is sophia's thoughts
Sorry for any spelling mistakes <33

" It started as a prank and ended in murder. Fantastic choice. I love this one." Heather smiled.
" It's trash. Low-brow horror. It's for my stepdaughter." I heard the lady say from the isle over. I was currently book shopping for my little brother Josh's birthday. Since he's such a nerd I thought he would appreciate another one of the lame books I get him ever year.  Although I didn't really care about picking a stupid book out for Josh's birthday it did take longer than I expected. It was almost closing time I think. " That will be 2.95. Thank you for shopping at B. Daltons." Heather sighs. The lady grabs the book, and receipt. She walks away as I walk towards the register. " And have a nice night!" Heather finishes by flipping her off. " Nice one." I say trying not to laugh. She smiles. " That will be 5.26." She whispers. Me and Heather used to be best friends. I wonder what happened. I set the money on the counter waiting for the receipt. She handed me the book and the receipt together. I smiled and started out the door. " Have a nice night!" She said smiling. I turned around smiling back hoping that maybe after this we could be friends again.

~ the next morning ~

Fuck. My loud ass alarm went off once again. I rolled my eyes, got up, and turned it off. I basically wore the same looking clothes everyday. Our family didn't have a lot of money and didn't seem to care. I mean I still dressed nice but it was just all the same.

I sat in front of the T.V. watching the news. Honestly I liked watching it. I like to know what's going on in this crazy ass town. My older sister Deena thinks it's stupid but that's her loss, I guess.

" Shadyside, small-town America. But among locals a history of horror has earned it yet another nickname, " Killer Capital USA." And last night tragedy struck again. I'm here with Sheriff Nick Goode. Sheriff what can you tell us?" The reporter asked. " There were seven victims, ages, 16 to 42. The perpetrator is also deceased." Officer Goode stutters.

This shit is to slow sometimes. I get up and help Deena pick up dad's empty beer cans. God I hate having to do this. " Josh!" Deena yells.
We run up to his room clearly both pissed about our own problems. Plus trying to get him downstairs before we are all late to school again.

I get up there first opening the door yanking off this stupid blanket he had over him.
" Are you watching a porno? Can I watch?" I smirk. " Dude what the hell!" He yells. " This isn't yours, dilweed!" I yell back. " Oh I get it. You building a shrine or something?" He rolls his eyes. " Alright you know what? It's time for school. Get in the car." Deena tells us. " Just let me finish this chat." He mumbles. I grab his keyboard. " Dude be careful with that!" He yells. " I thought dad said you weren't allowed on this! Do you know how expensive AOL is?" I yell back. " I'm talking to someone!" He says.
" This internet bullshit is exactly why you have no friends!" I yell. " It's not bullshit! It's a community dedicated to the truth!" He argues. " Look! Some guy went crazy and killed a bunch of people at the mall last night!" He hands us a piece of paper. " Holy shit. Heather was at the mall last night." I mumble. " It was all over the news. Skull mask killer. But, of course, the media won't talk about the most important part." He says, getting up to get another piece of paper off his wall. " Josh I am telling you calmly, step out of your internet fantasy nerd land, and get in the car." Deena sighs. " How about you step out of your depressed I'm gonna die alone land, and stop obsessing about Sam!" He yells at her. " Get in the car!" Deena screams at him, glaring at me. He slams his fist on the table and we all walk out to the car. Finally.

I walk into the horrid school with Josh.
" See you later. Sir Silence." I laughed and walked away to go find Deena. I keep my head down as I walked down the hall trying not to look a all the couples and shit. I finally get to my locker to find a couple making out right against it. I quickly walk up and bang my hand right next to their face a few times on the lockers. I roll my eyes as they walk away. I hear a loud bang right next to me. I look over to see a boy carve " RIP" with a knife on Heathers locker. I walk closer to see a bunch of pictures and notes a shit on there. What the fuck?