44 || ready to comply

Bắt đầu từ đầu

        "Get him in the chair," Viktor sneered. 

        It was the very first thing James had noticed when he was guided into the dull, concrete room - the eerily familiar chair that was used to hold him down while they wiped his memory. Sadly, it was something he hadn't forgotten about, no matter how many times he had tried.  

        "Should we prepare to wipe him?" Thing one asked his boss warily. 

          Please don-

         "There's no time, lock him in. The compliance words should still suffice," Viktor barked loudly. "He hasn't been free for that long." 

        Thank fucking God. 

        As Viktor's men drug James by his arms over towards the chair, he mentally breathed a sigh of relief that the Dracula wannabe-asshole was obviously too dumb to wipe his memory the old-fashioned Hydra way. He had to suppress a smile at the thought as they locked his wrists and ankles inside of the metal clasps. 

        "Bring in the agents," Viktor shouted to someone near the door that James had just arrived through. 

        Buck's brow furrowed deeply in confusion at Vickie boy's request. Why would the agents need to be here for this? The deal was that the agents be released in exchange for the capture of The Winter Soldier. 

        Chills run down his spine as he realized that they never intended to free them. 

        "That wasn't the deal," James growled, pieces of his hair falling into his face as he tugs on the wrist clasps. 

        "Oh, yeah," Viktor shrugged casually. "I must have forgotten to mention that part." 

        Amelia's face flashed through James' mind at the sudden change of plans. What did this mean for their plan? What if he couldn't escape and go back? The whole point of this was to make sure no one else died because of him, but Hydra had other plans - just like always. 

        The thought of never seeing Amelia again made him feel sick. 

        More men entered the room now, dragging in Natasha and two other agents, one male and one female. Natasha's green eyes fell on James, widening once she realized what was going on. The three looked more than rough - Nat's nose was bleeding down her mouth towards her chin, the other female's right eye was completely swollen shut, and the male seemed as though he had gotten the worst of it with his two black eyes and busted eyebrow. 

        James' eyes flickered back to Viktor as he watches him flick open the familiar red book. 

        "Longing." 

        Here we go again. 

        "Rusted." 

        Get your game face on, Buck. 

        "Furnace." 

        Shallow breaths.

        "Daybreak."

        Straight face. 

        "Seventeen."

        James noticed the look of horror that displayed across Romanoff's face. 

        "Benign."

        Get back to Amelia. Get back to Amel-

        "Nine."

         Look straight ahead. 

        "Homecoming."

        Amelia.

        "One."

        It's game time. 

        "Freight car."

        In Russian, Viktor greeted with the usual, "Good morning, Soldier." 

        James focused on keeping his eyes at level with the concrete wall on the other side of the room, taking slow, deep breaths as he wore no emotion on his face. The only thing motivating him now was getting back home to Amelia. Home.

        "Ready to comply," James said detachedly in Russian. 

        "I have a mission for you," Viktor prompted, whisking a pistol from behind his back that was lodged in his belt and waving it for James to see. 

        As much as James wanted to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat, he maintained a calm facade as his eyes lifted to meet Viktor's dark ones. Having the agents in here for the reinstating of his compliance wasn't just for show - neither was the gun. Buck knew exactly what the bastard was about to ask of him. 

        "Kill these agents." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it was oddly satisfying writing an entire chapter in James' pov.

i hope you enjoyed it, too. 

sorry for another cliffhanger. 

seven chapters left!!!!!!! 

thank you for taking the time to read and vote on this. i love you all <3

follow my tiktok - @thatonegirlfromwattpad