Real or shifter

sorry for not updating in a while just felt uninspired also I write these on google docs to make sure they are perfect and well thought out before transferring them on to here also it allows me to add final touches and anything that would make the story better or more understanding to me

senaro: Katie and Dean go on a normal hunter case but things take a turn when they figure out it's a shifter case

pairing: TFW x Katie winchester (little sister)

It was a normal case just a simple case that suddenly turned horribly wrong. Now I'm standing in a warehouse staring at my brother Dean with the colt in his hand pointing it between me and a shifter who has changed into looking exactly like me to trick him into shooting me instead of her "She's the shifter, shoot her!" the monster shouted as Dean switched the gun to me and turned off the safety, his finger on the trigger. I walked over to him and stared into his apple green eyes filled with pain and sadness "if you believe her over me then do it, pull the trigger, pull that trigger and shoot me dead," I said pressing my chest against the barrel of the gun "but just know, that if I was the shifter, would I wear this" I said watching him flinch a little with the trigger as I raised my hand up to reveal a pure silver ring around my finger, it was our mom's engagement ring and I then pulled out his Samulet from my shirt that hung around my neck, the same one he gave me when he left "it's really me Dee" I said my voice cracking a little closing my eyes letting a single tear fall Dean's expression changed a little and just stood there "what are you doing shoot her!" the shifter yelled and the gun went off.

After the loud boom of the gun I heard a sudden thud from behind. I opened my eyes and turned around to see the shifter with a single gunshot to the head, blood pooling out of the other side, laying on the floor. I turn back to Dean and smiled a little "only my real baby sister would call me by that name and wear that ring and Samulet" he chuckled and smirked "I knew you would do the right thing, I love you so much Dee" I said hugging him tight as he squeezed back kissing my head "and I love you just as much baby girl" he whispered softly into my hair not letting go as my knees buckled in leaning towards him "whoa, easy, easy I gotcha" he muttered looping his arm under my shoulders and scooping me off the ground with the other and walked to Baby. The sound of his feet crunching against the rocks beneath him, the wind blowing through the trees rustling against one another, along with Dean's jacket rubbing against my cheek as I buried my face into the crook of this neck as he walked feeling him chuckle a little at my childish action, he opened the door and laid me down slowly into the back seat. I use all the energy I had trying to keep the sleep that I longed for to stay back a little longer to linger in this moment with my brother "we're a little short while from the bunker why don't you get some sleep. I know you're tired" Dean explained, grabbing a blanket from under the passenger seat and draping it over me. "Ok" I mumbled, already half asleep, closing my eyes.

Dean's POV

As I watch my little sis fall asleep I bent her legs into the seat, closed the door and walked around to the drivers, hopped in and roared the engine to life and then looked in the back as she adjust to her side pulling the blanket up underneath her head acting as a pillow looking exhausted, she's had a long day and deserves some sleep, I pulled out onto the road and made my way to the bunker. Music playing softly not to wake her up, I look back again at her peaceful form and can't help but think of how lucky me and Sam are to have such a strong and brave yet sassy little sister, she's the only reason I don't blow up in anger over things, she calms me down knowing that I have her in my life is the biggest blessing me and Sam both could have ever ask for. She never deserved this kind of life but it's something that could never really be changed, Huh. Luckily she didn't have to suffer as bad as us, when she was little, she would always stay with Bobby after our dad died. He was there for us and was the father we needed; heck she even called him dad on occasions and the smile he would make, you could just see his heart melt at hearing her call him that. I smirked and chuckled at the memories then felt my heart pinch a little remembering how upset she was when he passed away, how when his hand slipped away from her's and muttered that he loved her babygirl using the name he would always call her. But then how happy she became when she found out he was still there but as a spirit and that she still had her father figure. Until Sam set him free and that he up in heaven drinking his whisky, living his best memories. I pushed those thoughts away and pulled out my phone to call Sam.

Sam's POV

I walked through the library gathering some books to look over and my phone went off, I checked the ID and saw it was Dean "hey, everything ok?" I asked grabbing my laptop "Yeah everything's good, just calling to let you know that we're on our way to the bunker Katie-bug is out like a light in the backseat, so I'll text you when we're there to leave the the door open a little, also let Cass and Jack know so they don't worry"  he explained as I sat down at the table "you got it" I signed then hung up and chuckled at the thought of Katie asleep in the back seat of Baby, she's done it since she was two so we always keep a blanket under the seat for her after long trips. I shook my head at how goofy of girl she was and still is now at seventeen, then opened a book and started reading over.

Dean's POV

After a long drive I finally got back to the bunker, I pulled into the driveway and parked looking in the backseat to see she is still out, her long brunette hair with mixes of red and blonde highlights cascaded over her eyes slightly, her pale white face and rosy cheeks looking so relaxed all snuggled in her blanket. I smiled and chuckled at how cute she looked took a pic of this moment and texted Sam to leave the door open, got out and walked to the backseat of the passenger side, opened the door and carefully picked her up in my arms lifting her out of the car and started walking through the entrance of the garage and down the hall before kneeing the door of the bunker with my foot. The sound of muffled footsteps emerged from the hall of the bunker to reveal Jack "is she ok?, what happened?" he asked a little panicked rushing up the stairs "she's fine just fell asleep on the way back, can you take her to her room I gotta talk to Sam" I asked "yeah, of course he's in the library" he replied taking her from my arms and walking away to her room. While I went to the library.

Jack's POV

When I made it to her room. I opened the door and carefully laid her down "huh?, where am I?" she mumbled slowly waking up "shh, shh it's ok, it's ok you're in the bunker just go back to sleep" I cooed pulling up the blanket over her "stay with me please?, I don't want to be alone" she groaned sleepy I gave a warm smile and nodded "of course" I agreed with a chuckle sliding in wrapping my arms around her protectively "you're safe, I'm not gonna let anything happened to you" I assured into her ear as she nuzzled her head into my chest under my neck "I'm so happy to call you my brother even if you aren't blood you're my family" she said before falling asleep in my arms. I smiled and kissed her head before slowly falling asleep as well.