Meeting the Chief

You stood behind Fireteam Raven, slightly nervous of the fight to come. Ava Lang, looked at you and held your shoulder.

Lang: You okay, rook?

Y/n: (nervously) Y-Yes, ma'am. Just... butterflies.

Graves: Well, get a grip, trooper! This is what we trained and signed on for.

Y/n: Yes, sir!

The five of you make your way to the briefing room and see Major Silva and our Artificial Intelligence guide, Wellsley.

Major Silva: How much time do we have, Wellsley?

Wellsley: Approximately two minutes, Major Silva, before the Covenant forces board our ship.

Major Silva: Do you have our orders?

Wellsley: Captain Keyes is placing the Pillar of Autumn in Combat Alert Alpha. All Shock Trooper battalions are required to defend the ship from invading parties.

Major Silva: You heard it, Fireteam Raven! Gear up and-

Wellsley: One moment, Major. New orders just came in. Private Y/n L/n has been ordered to meet Captain Keyes on the bridge.

Hudson: What?! Y/n can't go by himself!

Ramos: One of us should go instead-

Major Silva: Stow it, troopers! Private L/n!

Y/n: (steps forward) Sir!

Major Silva: You get to the bridge and see what the Captain wants, then regroup with Fireteam Raven ASAP! Is that understood?

Y/n: (hesitant) Sir, y-yes sir!

Major Silva: I said, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD, PRIVATE?!

Y/n: (yells) SIR, YES SIR!

Wellsley: You are to report to the cryo-bay and retrieve the Autumn's Priority Alpha.

Y/n: Which is... what?

Major Silva: The Corps doesn't pay us to ask questions, trooper! MOVE!

Y/n: Y-Yes, sir!

Y/n grabs his SMG from his right hip and sprints out of the room. Y/n follows the direction signs onboard the ship and eventually enters the cryo-bay.

Thom Shepard: Ah! Trooper L/n! The Captain said to expect you.

Y/n: Do you know what this is about?

Samuel N. Marcus: See for yourself, sir.

Y/n looks through the window and almost dropped his gun at what was down in the cryo-bay.