Chapter 28: The Calm

Start from the beginning

"Stefan?" Alcina asked, frowning. The stable boy stuttered, his shoulders tense.
"Use your words, boy." Melania said, kneeling in front of him, lifting his chin.
"A g-gift, my lady. I found her wandering the mountains a few weeks ago, while out training Fiara. I decided to take her and train her for you, Baroness." he said softly.
"Thank you, Stefan. I appreciate the gift." Melania said, standing up. Alcina walked over and gently placed her gloved hand on his cheek, making him flinch.
"What's her name?" she asked with soft eyes. He suddenly seemed to relax a little.
"Teras, my lady." he answered and looked down.
"Ha! So we have Monster and Beast? I love it." Melania laughed, walking over to Fiara and Teras.
"Thank you. You may go." Alcina said softly. Stefan looked shocked at the Lady's softness, but quickly turned around and tended to the girl's horses. They named them Moarte (Death), Teroare (Terror) and Frica (Fear). Alcina and Melania got onto the giant horses.
"Where are we going?" Alcina asked, as they slowly rode out of the castle grounds.
"It's a surprise, mon amour. Will you be able to keep up?" she challenged.
"I don't know. You'll have to see." Alcina laughed before she sped off with Fiara, knowing her horse well. They started galloping down the road. Once they reached the village, the villagers just stared, some in fear, and some in awe of the two beautiful dark haired women.
"What are we doing here?" Alcina frowned, reaching the end of the village.
"Just picking up some food. We'll need the energy." Melania winked. She jumped off Teras, and approached two men talking, somehow not noticing the giant vampire at first. Alcina laughed.
"Scuză-mă, dar am nevoie de niște indicații. Caut o cabană care să aibă vedere la râu." she asked. The men gasped at the beautiful vampire, not even noticing her size. One of them was immediately hypnotized by her. Melania was smiling, her raven hair glistening in the moonlight. She's trying, and succeeding, to seduce them. Alcina jumped off Fiara, fastening them to a nearby tree. She walked over and joined Melania. Both men stared at the older of the two, their eyes wide.
"Doar urmați drumul în jos. Primul viraj la dreapta vă va duce la cabană." the one man said, not taking his eyes off Alcina, who smiled seductively.
"Vrei să ni te alături, dragă?" Alcina asked in a husky voice. The two men hesitated, making Melania smile.
"We don't bite. Not very hard anyway." with that she kissed Alcina, trying to lure them.
"Ne-ar face bine." one man answered almost immediately.
"Perfect. Let's go. We should be there shortly." Melania smiled an evil smile, taking Alcina's hand. The men quietly followed.
"Les hommes sont stupides n’est-ce pas, my love?" Alcina laughed, speaking in a foreign language so the men won't understand. All they saw is two beautiful women, giggling.
"C’est une bonne chose que leur sang sente si bon." Melania answered with a laugh. They get back to the horses, and that's when the men's eyes widen with shock. They look around and noticed they were lured to an abandoned area of the village. They looked up at Melania and Alcina, both wearing amused expressions.
"I lied. I know where the cottage is." Melania laughed. The men started running, making Alcina groan in annoyance.
"Why do they always run?" she complained to herself before grabbing both men by their jackets. They were screaming.
"Oh shut it. It'll be over before you know it." Melania said, taking one man from Alcina. They picked them up onto the horses, before jumping on themselves. The men were just quiet now, too scared to scream. They were sitting in front of the women. They rode off towards the cottage, happily discussing the wedding. As they rounded a corner, Alcina gasped when she saw a Gothic style cottage, standing at the edge of the river, with a small pier going into the river. It looked magical, with the moonlight glistening on the calm water.
"Happy Birthday my love." Melania said, smiling happily. They got off the horses leaving the men sitting there. They embraced and kissed passionately.
"Thank you, my love. It's beautiful." she said excitedly.
"Go inside, I'll bring the food." she said, walking over to grab them. The one man was trying to get Fiara to move to try and escape, to no avail. Alcina walked ahead, opening the door. It wasn't big, but it was comfortable. A lounge a small kitchen and a porch. She headed upstairs and went into the room, a massive bed, proudly standing in the corner, and a balcony overlooking the river. It was beautiful. She heard Melania shackle the men so they can't run away. On the bed, she saw a large box, with a red bow sitting on the top. Suddenly she felt Melania's hands coming from behind, wrapping around her waist.
"What's this?" she asked, running a manicured finger along the bow.
"Open it." Melania whispered in her ear.