Chapter 28: The Calm

Comenzar desde el principio

"Let's go, my darlings. Time to head back to the castle." Alcina called, fixing her lipstick. They saw the girls wrestling, arguing about who the better huntress was.
"Fetelor! Sunteti cu totti mari vanatoare! Now let's go!" Melania snapped, making the girls and Alcina look at her with surprise.
"When did you learn Romanian? I'm impressed, mon amour." Alcina smiled, before looking at the girls. They were still sprawled on the ground, looking at Melania.
"Thank you, love. I've been listening to the maidens. I'm a quick learner." she smiled.
"Let's go, we have to get ready for our trip." Melania said, shooting a dark look at their daughters. They started walking back, the girls arguing again.
"Have you thought of a date? For the wedding?" Alcina asked.
"Mmm... What about the 13th of July? That's my lucky number and July is the hottest time of the year. Perfect for the girls." they held hands, fingers locking around the other.
"That sounds perfect." Alcina answered.
"Girls! I swear to Hera, we will leave you here, if you don't come with us now. Let's go already!" Melania called again, making the girls swarm pass them. They made it back to the castle, greeted by the twins, handing them a warm towel on a tray.
"Thank you, twins. Please, go prepare dinner for Donna, my brother and Jack. Make sure the maidens set the table correctly this time." Alcina ordered, placing the towel back on the tray.
"Yes, my lady."
"Of course, my lady" the twins answered. They didn't need to spend a lot of time teaching them, since they had so much experience. Alcina decided to make them head of housekeeping as well, giving them the responsibility to be in charge of all the maidens. They make their way into the dining hall, Karl, Jack and Donna waiting for them. Bela runs to Donna, kissing her and takes her seat. Daniela and Cassandra ran over to Karl, hugging him, giggling. After dinner, Melania asked everyone to go to the music room. Once there, Melania takes a seat at the giant grand piano.

"Girl, I assume you know how to play the instruments?" she asked. They all excitedly move closer to her, nodding. Alcina was watching in fascination, not aware that Melania could play the piano. Melania smiled at her. Melania asked the girls if they knew the song she wanted to play, and they all nodded, running to the instruments they wanted to use. Bela and Daniela each grabbed a violin, and Cassandra took a seat at the drum set. Softly, Melania placed her fingers on the keys, exhaling. She closed her eyes and started playing, her fingers knowing where to go. Bela and Daniela soon joined, first softly adding the violins to the melody. As they're playing, Alcina tears up, listening to the soft melodies of the piano. The  tempo picked up from the piano and violins, when the drums joined the song. Suddenly, little butterflies made of light started fluttering around them, coming from Melania passionately playing, her eyes still closed and frowning slightly. Her fingers effortlessly glide over the vintage Ivory keys. Alcina leaned over and kissed Melania, who doesn't stop playing, returning the kiss with a burning desire. She pulled away when they neared the end of the song. Slowly the tempo slows down, the drums and violins stop, and the piano slowly comes to a stop. When Melania pressed the last note, the butterflies slowly disappeared. Karl and the others gave a round of applause, and Alcina grabbed and kissed Melania deeply, tears softly running down her cheeks.
"That was incredible, mon amour. You're incredible." Alcina said between kisses.
"Thank you mon amour. That was all for you." she said. Alcina turned to the girls, the three of them looking up at her, smiling brightly. She kneeled down and hugged them.
"Well done, Dragii mei. I'm so very proud of you." she gave them each a kiss on the cheek.
(Olafur Arnalds - 3055)

"Thank you, everyone. Now. Alcina and I will be leaving soon. We're just going to go get dressed. We'll be back in a couple of hours. Zeus forbid, if something goes wrong, I have a phone with me. For emergencies only. Bela, you're in charge of your sisters, please try not to kill any maidens. Karl, please watch over everything and everyone here." she said, giving Karl a lingering look of concern. He nods in understanding.
Alcina and Melania excitedly run to their room to change. They quickly dress into their riding clothes, knee-high boots, jeans and jackets. It wasn't hot outside, not cold either. Winter was almost over. They make their way to the stables, and see Stefan waiting for them. Once there, they saw Alcina's horse, Fiara. Next to her, another horse, the same size as Fiara. This horse instead of white like Alcina's, she was a dark grey color, with black hair and sapphire blue eyes, just like Fiara.
"Where did she come from? Alcina?" Melania smiled.
"This time, my dear, it wasn't me. I have no idea." she said. They walk over to the giant mares, stroking their freshly combed manes. They heard a quiet cough behind them. Stefan was standing there, hands behind his back, looking down at the ground.