14

The morning sun painted our bedroom in hues of gold, a gentle reminder of the world beyond our shared space. As I stirred from sleep, the scent of fresh air and anticipation lingered in the room. It was a day unlike any other, one that would unfold into unexpected twists.

"Lucas," Alexander's voice cut through the quiet, his eyes fixed on mine. "How about we go on a date today?"

I blinked, surprise registering on my face. A date? The idea of spending quality time together outside the confines of our pack's responsibilities felt like a rare luxury. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, and I nodded, "Sure, I'd love that."

The day unfolded into a series of moments that left imprints on my heart. The date was simple yet perfect – a stroll in the nearby park, laughter shared over a casual lunch, and the warmth of Alexander's hand intertwined with mine. As we returned home, a shared happiness enveloped us, an unspoken promise of more moments like these.

The next morning dawned with a sense of contentment, and we made our way to the kitchen for breakfast. The aroma of freshly prepared food filled the air, and I eagerly reached for my plate. However, before the first bite touched my lips, Alexander's hand stopped me.

He frowned, a sudden tension replacing the ease of the morning. "Wait," he said, his nostrils flaring as he sniffed the air.

Confusion knitted my brows as he leaned in, inspecting the food on my plate. "There's something wrong," he muttered, his expression turning serious.

His heightened senses had detected something amiss – a poison that threatened to taint the moment of shared joy. The realization sent a chill down my spine as Alexander's gaze hardened.

"We need to find out who did this," he said, determination lacing his words. "Stay here, Lucas. I'll handle this."

As Alexander delved into the investigation, I found myself confined to our room. Restlessness gnawed at me, and the seconds ticked by like hours. Unable to stay still, I unlocked the door and ventured out, hoping to distract myself from the looming uncertainty.

The pack's den buzzed with activity, the scent of camaraderie and shared responsibilities filling the air. I navigated the halls, my mind a whirlwind of thoughts. However, my wandering didn't go unnoticed.

"Sabrina," a voice whispered as I turned a corner. "Watch your step, Lucas."

The warning came too late. Before I could react, Sabrina emerged from the shadows, a malicious glint in her eyes. The air crackled with tension as she cornered me, a sinister smile playing on her lips.

"Going for a little walk, are we?" she taunted, her voice dripping with venom.

I tensed, the realization sinking in that I had walked into a trap. Sabrina's aggression escalated, and her actions grew more violent. Each blow seemed fueled by a malevolence that sent shockwaves through me.

The commotion attracted the attention of others, and the warning reached Alexander's ears. With urgency in his stride, he rushed towards the source of the disturbance, his expression transforming into a storm of anger.

The sight that greeted him was enough to send a jolt of fury through his veins. Sabrina, reveling in her cruel actions, was caught in the act. The pack members who witnessed the assault hurriedly relayed the information to Alexander.

He approached with a controlled anger, his voice cutting through the air like a blade. "Sabrina, what do you think you're doing?"

She smirked, a defiant glint in her eyes. "Just having some fun, Alpha."

His response was swift and unyielding. "Fun at the expense of others is not tolerated in this pack. You've crossed a line, Sabrina."

Anger boiled within him as he ordered her confinement. "To the cells," he commanded, his tone laced with authority. "No food, no water for a week. You will face the consequences of your actions."

As Sabrina was led away, her protests and excuses fell on deaf ears. The pack upheld justice, and the consequences for her betrayal were inevitable. The cells, a place reserved for those who jeopardized the unity of the pack, awaited her.

However, as Alexander arrived at the cells to ensure the punishment was carried out, he found an empty space. Sabrina had vanished, leaving behind the echoes of her deceit. The realization that she had managed to escape fueled a surge of frustration within him.

"She's gone," a pack member reported, a tinge of unease in their voice.

Alexander's jaw clenched, his eyes narrowing with determination. "Find her," he commanded, the urgency in his voice echoing the weight of the situation. "She won't escape the consequences of her actions."

The pack mobilized, a collective effort to track down the rogue member who had betrayed the trust of the pack. The hunt for Sabrina began, and as the minutes turned into hours, the gravity of her escape loomed over us.

The events of that fateful morning had unraveled into a complex web of betrayal and consequences. The unity we had fought to maintain now faced an additional challenge. In the face of adversity, Alexander's determination to uphold justice burned brighter than ever, a beacon guiding us through the storm that Sabrina had unleashed upon our pack.