Sixteen

"Greetings Your Highness"

You spoke as soon as you went inside the dark room of his, slightly making sure not to make it obvious that you are currently catching off your breath

You just made a quick trip into the temple when you are called back into the palace by the Princess, turns out his majesty is in pain once again.

And as soon as you arrive, you're told to come into his chamber. In which you are inside right now, seeing him in a deep thought as he was sitting down the sofa hand on his head.

He doesn't seem to be aware of your presence, showing just how deep his thoughts were. So you took your time just to observe and watch him.

Suddenly.

I never plan to acknowledge her.

But I couldn't kill her.

There was a voice inside your head, a familiar voice. Claude's thoughts to be exact.

It makes your head heart quite a bit, adding to the fatigue you've had for the past few weeks of works without rest.

I got rid of my emotions

and dabbled in dark magic to forget

In the end all you did was to stare at him as you could hear his thoughts inside your head.

but why is this child I was planning to completely abandoned...

Is still by my side

He look tired, maybe he was tired and hurting more than you could have imagine.

I push her away several times

But without fail and without fear.

It didn't took you long to get whom he was having memories of as you once again release your devine powers to help him slowly fall asleep.

He never seems to be aware of your presence as you watch him lay down, arms went to cover his eyes as he lay down the sofa.

"She got your cheeky side as well.."

He mumble, enough for you to hear

And there was a moment of silence, staying on your place for a good few minutes before silently walking towards him, just like any other day, checking up on him.

Hearing his steady breathe standing right beside him.

"You really loved her, didn't you?"

You stated with a clam look

"Well you did say she was your happiness"

You added, kept staring at the man sleeping right in front of you

"I vowed to always stay by your side"

You recall out loud

"I'm sorry I shouldn't fulfill it until the very end. Claude"

You want to touch him, but you didn't let your greed get into you

"I might have to let go you in the end"

You whisper

"But I will always love you"

You said with a small smile on your lips

"I don't know what this future holds"

The first timeline, it was a nightmare. A nightmare that you don't want to experience, nevertheless let them experience.

"But I'll find a way"

A gentle breeze flew inside the room, causing your (hair color) locks to sway slightly, causing you to push it behind your ears.

"I'll find a way to make sure it won't happen again"

You look at his sleeping figure

"And I promise to bring back your happiness"

Blessing to the Sun of the empire

You thought, clasping your hands together as you starts to glow, golden sparks starts to surrounds you but so did Claude.

You knew the risk of what you're doing, giving blessing to someone who currently possess dark magic inside their body. One wrong move and you might kill him.

But you know what you are doing, giving him a blessing of protection just in case something bad happens. I might not protect him inside and out but it would still somehow act as protection towards harm.

You are still yet to find the one behind all of this. So while no one is protecting this man, you will.

"huff... huff"

You shouldn't help but to catch your breath as soon as it's complete

Nevertheless, you could not help but to stagger from behind.

"Heavens..."

You whisper as you found no strength to gain your balance

The fatigue of none stop working finally doing its done into you, as your vision slowly darkens. In the end, all you could do was to brace for the fall.

"This is why you should rest saintess-nim"

"Theodore?"

You open your eyes

Hmm? Why does he look annoyed?

"Tsk this is why I can't leave you alone dammit, look after yourself too!"

You want to hush him up, knowing you're still inside the chamber of the emperor. Also want to scold him for using such language. You also want to ask him what was he doing in there from the first place, nevertheless.

"Thank you.."

You smile at him upon catching you

"Tsk"

He look away from you

You want to ask him why does he look pissed, yet you could not utter a single word, as you slowly fell asleep, in his arms.