Five

You wonder how long you'll have to sleep, having to be put into eternal sleep is quite scary news for you, but thinking about it, this was something you've known ever since you're young. In fact, perhaps it's not the eternal sleep that was scary for you but the death that might await you when you remained awake. Still, you are yet to find out which one is the worst.

For the first time in years, you took off the white cloth around your eyes. What greeted you was a certain white tree and its beautiful white leaves. It was beautiful.

"Do you really have to do this? Saintess-nim?"

"Well that was the first time I've heard you call me by my name, Theodore"

You stated, looking at your knight with wide eyes, no matter how many times you asked him to call you by your name he never seem to listen

But now that you might not know when you'll be awake, it's kind of. Bittersweet

He did not answer you, he just kept looking at you in the silent, comfortable space right beside the world tree that might also be your tomb.

"I have to do this even if I don't want to"

You started, sitting down right next to the world tree

It was strange, though this wasn't the first time you've been here. You never heard its voice which was quite strange, even the temple find that fact strange.

Did you ever do something about this tree?

To be honest, you remember doing nothing, yet it refuses to speak to you.

"Then, will you ever come back?"

He suddenly asks, kneeling right in front of you which causes you to look at him quite surprised

Those eyes, those heterochromia eyes. When did it start? why was he looking at you like that? 

Nevertheless, you manage to calm yourself and answer him.

"If I said no"

Never once did you look away from him

"will you still wait for me?"

You smile at him, it wasn't the holy looking smile that made others see you as a holy looking person

It was your smile, just your smile as you are. It was your genuine smile that only a few people, now including him know, the other being Claude and Anastasius only. It was one thing you stop showing as time pass by. It wasn't like something happened, it's just. You stop showing it.

There was a moment of silence, only the sound of the leaves getting blown by the gentle breeze around the area. Leaning against the stem of the tree, a yawn escapes your lips. As if getting ready, you position yourself comfortably against the world tree. There were only a few people who knew the location of the world tree, including that man who once lives in the magic tower that is still missing right now.

"Always"

It was a low and silent voice

"What is it, Theodore?"

You asked, unable to hear his voice properly for the first time

"I'll be always waiting for you Saintess-nim"

"That's more like you"

You chuckle at him

It wasn't that bad, having him to be the person you first see after taking off that white cloth, though the thought of you not being able to see Claude before you went to sleep.

You shake your head with a smile, you know he'll be happy even without you by his side. Because starting now, you won't be able to always stay by his side, that is now his lover and his soon-to-be-born child's job.

"Can you do me a favor, Theodore?"

"What is it Saintness-nim?"

"The child.."

You end up letting out a yawn

"When the child was born"

You smile at him

"Please watch and protect her on my behalf"

Your eyelids start to drop, feeling heavy

At the same time you though that even with your last moments, all you could think of was him, he was always on her mind. But you hope in your dreams he should be out of it, so it might help ease the pain and envy in your heart. Once again, you could imagine the face of the emperor, your childhood friend, your love, the face he might make when Diana broke out the joyful news.

After that you blink a couple of times, still seeing him, Theodore approaching you in the distance.

"You're really selfless (First name)"

You smile at his words as you finally close your eyes

"That's why I really l.."

May God watch over the people of the empire even without me

May God protect the people of the empire from harm

I may pray to God for they always remain in the light and stay happy

May He always be happy

Just like that, you fell asleep. 

The feeling of something strange yet warm lingering on your forehead.