Chapter 4: Demon Cousin

Chapter 4

Both Anna and I looked up to see who had just interrupted our 'friendly' conversation, the person's figure towered over us was none other than Cohen, my now new second oldest stepbrother, and was the scariest out of all of them. He was looking between both of us then said coldly

"And what's going on here?" His voice was husky and low "Who is this?"

Anna instantly snapping out of her shock and quickly pulling her hand out of his grasp and put on her flirty face as she pushed her chest upward, I will never unsee that.

Cohen then raised one of his dark eyebrows then turned his gaze to me to explain, I sighed before rubbing my sore arm " this is my cousin..more like trauma...Annabeth Light." Anna twirled her red hair around her pointer finger as she undressed my stepbrother I wanted to puke. I dramatically started walking away in pure disgust but a big hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

Anna stuck out her hand with a slimy toothy grin then said seductively "hey there" Cohen coldly shook her hand quickly then let go and said bluntly "Cohen. Would you please excuse us I just need to speak with Jadelyn about sleeping arrangements for tonight" Anna looked wide-eyed between the two of us before saying "of course" with a sweet fake smile as she turned on her over expensive heels and aggressively swaying her hips causing me to facepalm my forehead in disgust.

I looked to my stepbrother awkwardly "that's your cousin?" He asked one eyebrow raised as he folded his muscular arms around his chest "Afraid so. And by the way, it's JADE..... J.A.D.E... got it?" I said looking up at him kinda frustrated at how many people getting it wrong. "Do you want me to call you by your real name?" Cohen asked "uhh yea" I said with a bit of attitude he then unfolded his arms "so then I will call you Jadelyn," he said slowly mocking me.

"No, you will call me Jade," I said angrily. A sudden smirk appeared on his face. "Fine, Shrimp it is," he said turning and started walking away "what!?....heY!...gEt..baC" I yelled trying to follow him to argue some more but lost him in the crowd of laughing people. I let out a small huff before turning on my heels starting to weaving through the groups of people until I got to the table my sister, stepbrothers, and my meatballs were sitting.

They all were chatting amongst themselves as I walked around the table and sat in the free spot next to my sister who shot me a sympathetic smile before looking down at the bruise forming in my left arm. Offering a reassuring smile I move my hands around signing 'meatballs?' She rolled her eyes before placing a place full of German meatballs in front of me, I looked back at her and signed 'thank you' before shoving my fork into one of the meatballs and tuned into the conversation.

Across the table sat Zac and Benjamin who were nicely dressed in a black tux and a girl with super straight black hair who was playing with her folk before playfully pushing Benjamin when he made a comment that sent the whole table into laughter. On the other side of Parker sat Aiden along with another boy who looked about Benjamin's age, he had a beautiful curly hair and a stupid grin as he told a story about how his friend almost dies from choking on a Dorito chip.

Before I could do anything the table went quiet and all eyes were on me. "What?" I said confused at the sudden attention causing everyone to start laugh except my stepbrothers who held straight faces which wasn't unexpected. "Josh just asked who that was you were talking to?" The straight-haired girl said with a sweet smile referring to the boy with the curly hair who looked desperate, "oh uhh that's our cousin, Anna" I said my gaze falling on my dish of meatballs. " I see! Do you think you could introduce me?" Josh said excitedly well pulling both his hands to his head pulling back his curls to look presentable, "I don't think you want that" I said chuckling a bit looking at Parker.

"Aww come on, she's hot," Josh said looking over the room in search of the fiery redhead who was tapping in her phone. "Eww" Parker responded leaning back in her chair causing a laughter to hit the table. "So, who are you guys?" I said taking a bite of my meatballs trying to hold back a groan from the delicious flavours in my mouth, "My name is Autumn, and that's Josh my younger brother, we are your brother's cousin" she said with a sweet smile before Zac, Benjamin, Aiden, Parker and I all said "STEP brothers" at the same time.

Silent broke at the table before Autumn and Josh both started laughing lifting the mood a bit "you guys are too cute" Autumn said wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes as she messed up Zac and Aiden's hair causing them to let out a "HEY!" in response as they swatted away her hands. After that we continued talking about random stuff, laughing at stupid things Josh said, and eventually, Benjamin started making a joke and goofing around it was kind of enjoyable! The look on Parker's face, I have never seen her so happy.

A while past and the party started to dye down, my mom and Mason left a while ago which just thinking about it makes me cringe and just needed to walk, move, do anything to get my mind off that. I look around the room the see a table full of Champagne and whine, I could feel my face light up I then leaned over to Parker close to her ear she looked bored too so I thought I would involve her in my fun "hey, want to have a little bit of champagne?!" I ask excitingly.

No one else noticed because all the boys were focused on a silly game that just came out and Autumn left to take a phone call, Parker looked at me then smiled "yeah" She said slowly getting up and following with the boys not noticing. First, I made my way toward the table trying my very hardest not to look suspicious. Once I made it to the table, I was just about to grab a glass when a wrinkly hand grabbed onto my waist and pulled me down onto her lap on her wheelchair, I looked up to see Great Aunt Mary's old face and her red thin lips pulled up into a smile mumbling something that probably was "hello my little munchkin" but that's just a guess,

she then grabbed my face and roughly kissed my cheek then pinching it with her long, thin fingers that hurt a lot. I then quickly got off of Aunties lap before she got a good grip on my waist " thank you, Auntie!" I said with a soft awkward smile she then gave me and big smile back before patting my butt (in a loving kind of way).

I, now again make my way towards the champagne table but before I could reach it a tall figure stood in my way, what now?! I looked up to see Emerson looked down on me, now Emerson is not as tall as Cohen but he was still taller than me, his face was twisted with annoyance as he looks at me "can I help you?" I ask with a bit of attitude his one eyebrow pulled up "where do you think you doing?" He asked sternly his brows twisted with narrow, pointed eyes full of annoyance, but before I could say a smart answer in return his eyebrows untwisted and his once scowling mouth turned into a sly smirk making me even angrier what was he so smug about? 

Noticing my frustration he amusingly decided to reveal why he was so smug "didn't realize you had a lover here?! You should introduce me" Emerson teased pinching my cheek "jerk, get off! At least I have a chance to be with someone!" I scowled swatting away his hand then using the back of my hand to hopefully wipe the red lipstick print on my cheek "yeah right twerp! I've already dated lots of chicks" he said proudly of himself like it was an achievement to be sleeping with girls I decided to give a little push back "that's surprising with your 'size' to bad it's not the size of your ego then all the girls would be lining up" I said trying to hide my chuckle Emerson's face turned red with rage "oh that it!" Emerson yelled softly to not create a scene but before anything happened two strong arms wrapped around Emerson.

I then look behind him to see Matthew standing there with a cold expression "that's enough Emerson" he said playfully messing up his little brother's hair "let me go! This brat needs a good beating" he mumbled angrily and he tried swatting away Matthew's hand then growled at me as he stuck his balled hands in his the pockets in his black pants and huffed away into the crowd with Matthew doing to the same close behind him. I let out a sigh of relief.

If I was going to have to live with that! I don't know if I can keep up this act.