Chapter 08: Players and protectors

Start from the beginning

*notification dings*

"Ugh what now?" Leo groaned as he sat back up. I giggled, picking my phone up from beside me.

Jay: "You have a mission. Hayden Scott. I'll send the co-ordinates in a bit" it read.

"I gotta kill someone" I said as I crawled out from under him and stood up.

He made a grumpy kitten face, crossing his arms. Fucking man child.

"You look like your mom didn't give you the candy you asked for" I mocked.

He rolled his eyes at my remark. I let out a snorty laugh.

"Who is it this time?" he asked, zipping up his pants.

"Hayden Scott"

"Isn't he Raymond's son? What did he do?"

"Yup. He's a cocky little shit. Stole money from us" I said as I walked into my closet and put on my gear.

"Yeah I'll never get used to seeing you in this" He commented as I came out to brush my hair.

I facepalmed as I tied my hair up and took all the necessary things with me.

"Ci vediamo dopo (See you later)" I planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Mostragli l'inferno, tesoro (Show him hell, treasure)"

"Sai che lo farò (You know I will)" I winked as I left.

Leo's pov:

I was walking downstairs while a hand placed itself on my shoulder, stopping me. I turned around to see Xander standing behind me.

"Can we talk in my office?" he asked, firmly.

Uh did I do something wrong orrrr...

"Sure" I replied as I walked after him to his office.

"Okay, so tell me. Do you like her?"

"Huh?"

"Do you like Lea?"

Do I- Of course I do what the fuck is he on about?! I literally couldn't have made it more obvious.

"I do"

"I've heard you calling her tesoro... why so?"

What is this? Some sorta viva before I can pass as her fiance?

"Because she is a treasure. Look Xander, I have no intention of hurting your daughter if that's what you're getting at. We aren't really ready for a wedding yet but I'll not deny that she's beautiful. Inside and out"

He didn't say anything. He just smiled.

"My giglio never lets any man get this close to her in such a short time. You've done something to her" He chuckled "Rendila felice, Leo (Keep her happy)" He patted my shoulder. "If she ever sheds a tear because of you, which is not a happy tear, I will cut you into tiny little pieces and feed you to the pigs" he threatened.

Jesus Christ. She really is papa's princess.

"That won't be a problem" I nodded. "Have a goodnight Xander" I wished as I walked out of the room.

"Have a good night, son" he grinned.

Son. He called me son.

Vienna's pov:

I saw Leo walk out of Xander's office. I waved him a goodbye and walked in to the office.

"Did you take him in for a questioning? Xander I swear to god-"

"He's a good guy" He stated, cutting my sentence. "I didn't even have to question him to much"

"I told you. He's a good guy. Less of a douche than you when we first met" I laughed.

"Excuse me? I was anything but a douche"

"Yeah? Your first words to me where Ciao Babygirl" I mocked in an italian accent.

"Yeah not my brightest moment but you still got married to me"

"He's perfect for our Lea" I smiled at him.

He nodded, pulling me into his embrace. "Just like you were and are for me"

[Nate's pov]

*on a call*

Nate: "This is Nate Black. I would like to speak to Gladius Clemonte"

Man on the other end: "Do you know him personally?"

Nate: "Tell him that his nephew wants to speak to him"

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! PS: I don't put Nate's pov in bold texts bc he is not the main character. I only put the main character(s) pov in bold text. Nate is Gladius' nephew?! Also.. Leo seems to be on board with the marriage thing ;) What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx