8

— ⊱

THE MOMENT i heard his name, our eyes met. i could tell he was just as shocked as me, his eyes widen and lips slightly apart. who would've expected that they would met the very person they had "beef" with online, at a party. 

"hey" vincent had said, still visibly tense. only a selection of people could hear him over the screaming and music.

all eyes were on him. he had wore a white button-up, slightly open at the top, his chest peeking out. black jeans with a black belt to match. he made a few rings on both hands, 2 on his right, 3 on his left. some girls and guys were obviously wooing over this curly-blonde, almost 6 foot guy, whilst others were giving him the side eye. to some he seemed stuck up, overly confident or even arrogant, not because they had knew him but rather because he had a following and just happened to be conventionally attractive. 

his eyes still hadn't have left fleur's. though she did seem more aggitated, his look was... soft? he didn't seem upset to have stumbled across her, even after what she said about him. it was more lik he was relieved. 

the way he was looking at her, slightly made her uncomfortable, so much so she darte dhereyes and made an excuse to leave.

"imma go smoke a cig, real quick"

-

she went into the back, trying to ignore the people making out and even undressing in the hallway. the smell of cigarettes, weed, amoungst other drugs, puke, piss and alcohol was almost sickening to fleur. she felt like she was getting light headed. thank god she had made it out the back door onto the patio. away from the loud music, and the smell of throw up.

she pulled out her Kool cigarettes and searched for her lighter. her searched through her purse, but still culdn't find it.

"looking for this" a mysterious voice said

it was vincent, with a purple lighter in his hand

"give me my damn lighter" fleur said, clearly angry
"Okay okay, chill"

i lit my cig, looking at vincent still standing right next to me.
"what is it?"

"Nothin"

he walked closer to me, and closer. to the point our legs were touching. my heart began racing, i don't even know as to why. my cigarette still in my hand, i slightly pushed him away

"are you drunk or smth? why are you getting so close?" i said as he kept inching towards me.

once again he was right in front of me, our chest nearly touching this time. his hand grabbed my arm, dragging to my wrist then to my fingers. he took my lit cigarette and placed it in his own mouth, looking right at me asa he inhaled the smoke and blow it right in my face.

"vincent what the actual fuc-" he intterupted me as he pulled my face closer to his and connected our lips. 

author:
written 08.07.21
edited 08.15.21
published 08.15.21