57 | Her Apricity

Maybe it wasn't because their time was limited.

Maybe it was the rush despite having so much time to savor each and every moment.

No matter what it was, Safe kept her figure low. She crawled carefully on the dirt, echoes of shots filling her ears. Either laughter or whiny howls could be heard. Sweat dripped down her temple, the camo suit began to stick to her skin. Sun trickled above them, despite the tall trees that offered shade.

"Ugh! Fuck you, Harry!" Ginny shouted from across the field, whining as she stared at the purple paint on her vest.

You could only hear Harry's laughter, but he was perfectly well hidden somewhere. "You should!" He shouted back, which caused everyone in their respective hiding spots to laugh.

Ginny raised her middle finger and rotated herself, making sure that wherever Harry was, he had a perfectly good view of it. "If any of you laughed at that, keep an eye out!" She threatened before running to hide again.

Besides the anticipated alcoholic drinks that were to sink inside their systems later on the evening, Fred and Safe planned out a fun–therefore competitive–game of paintball to start off the merged bachelor parties.

Teams were created, George versus Lee. Of course, Safe made sure that the twins were not on the same team, leaving the two of them switching places as the best man and woman. She was teamed with George, the only woman on the team, and Fred was the second in command on Lee's team.

Each member has three lives, Ginny being first to go down with two. The objective of the game was simple, the first team to grab the other's flag wins. It was simple, just like a game of tag. It was always that way. A flag was always a part of their games as if it symbolize some sort of power, and yet it was all for the fun of it. The only difference was that each team was to hide their flag somewhere safe. What made it difficult was that the members of each team have the power to pass the flag around if wanted and/or change the location of where the flag was hidden.

Another rule was if a player holding the flag was shot, the flag has to be given to someone else or the other team could simply take it if they were in close proximity of said hit player. Also, the player has a whole minute of 'healing' after being hit before they could go back and get shot or shoot someone.

A pop vibrated out of Safe's paintball gun, across it being Fred, who raised his two hands in a disbelief manner. "Oops?" She giggled before running away as fast as she could. "You owe me fifty galleons!" She shouted as she dashed away.

The two of them made an agreement, permission to at least shoot each other once. The bet was who would get shot first. Granted, Safe did feel that she was to lose the bet since Fred was one hell of a sneaky guy.

Fred watched her with a chuckle and a challenged expression. He officially missed his chance to take the flag from Safe when the bell rang seconds later.

"Oi! Word of advice! If you want to stay in sight, make sure no one holds any grudges on you!" George shouted from across Fred, behind a huge rock. As soon as the bell rang to indicate that Fred's now on his second 'life' George shot him straight on his stomach. "Like that!" He added while laughing to no limit.

"I– what'd I do to you?" Fred asked in disbelief, staring down at his own painted-covered chest and stomach.

George stood up, making sure that no one was present to shoot him. Not that he cared at that point, he loved shooting Fred while he was off guard. "Nothing, really! I just wanted the one hundred galleons tied on your life." He chuckled and hid somewhere else.

Lee, who appeared from a bush, walked and stood next to Fred. He removed his goggles, placing a hand on the side of Fred's shoulder. "I heard their team plans to take you down first. Everyone gets a hundred galleons if they do, courtesy of Safe." The laughter he was trying to hide was pretty evident in his tone. Kept in mind, how much he begged Safe to join their team, but tough luck.